Ch 14

"Hm?" I grunted, patting the mess of empty blankets beside me. "Harry?" I mumbled, peaking open my eyes. "Harry!" I shoved on his shirt and ran out of my room. "Harry? Are you here! Harry?" I asked out, with no answer. What? He didn't have work today? I walked back to my room to call him. I pressed the home button on my phone, lighting the screen. Harry had text me, maybe it'll tell me where he disappeared to.

I tilted my head at the screen with a cocked eyebrow. I read Harry's text in a mumble, "If you're awake I want you to know I love you. I'll be home soon, something came up." What was he talking about. I hate when he does this, i remember what happened last time. "Shit!" I frantically dialed his number, pacing back and forth with my feet quietly pattering across the hardwood flooring.

"Harry?" I asked as I heard a crack on the other line. "Hey sweety." I heard a deeper voice. My heart was in my throat. "A-Alex?" I whispered. "Ding ding! We have a winner." Alex chuckled deeply. "W-where's Harry."

"He's fine. I don't know, for now at least." He said non-chelantly. "Let me talk to him Alex." I demanded, holding back on tears causing my throat to burn. "Nah." Alex laughed. I heard harry moan my name, as if he was in pain. "Harry!" I screamed through the phone. "Alex, please don't hurt him!" I yelled, clenching the t-shirt in my fist. "Please, I'm begging you. I-I'm calling the cops, don't fucking hurt him-Dont touch him!-"If you call the authorities I'll kill him." Alex slashed through my words like a knife. I fell to the ground, still gripping the t-shirt tight.

"Where are you!" I screamed into my phone. "Why, so you can fight his battles again?"

"No, so I can help him win his war." I groaned into the phone. "You're not going to hurt him. I'll find you. Where are you, tell me or I'll find you myself!" I raised my voice. "Take a guess, blondie." He laughed. "Alex are you- at the.." I paused to think. "You little prick are you-"

"Ding." He whispered and ended the call. "You motherfucker!" I screamed into the phone. I knew exactly where they were, I needed to hurry. I stared at the window for a second, gathering myself. I had to go.

***

Alex and Harry weren't far. They were in the boat shed next to the water down the road from the beach. Where we had our first date. What did Harry have to do with the boat shed?

I pulled in across the street. I spotted Alex's old white truck, with a dented bumper. I took a deep breath as I got out of the car and ran across the street. My hands deep inside the pocket of Harry's leather jacket as I stepped towards the shed. My fingers brushed pass something. I pulled out the metal object slowly. "Pocket knife." I whispered to myself, flicking open the butterfly blade. "Hm." I smiled to myself, collapsing it and putting it away.

I gripped the shed handle, clenching my eyes tightly. "Oughh!" I heard a loud crash from inside. I kicked open the floor to find Harry standing, one foot on top of Alex's ribs. "H-harry?" I stood wide eyed, Harry took a look at me. "Y-you.." I looked at Alex, bellowing on the ground, holding his ribs tightly. "It's not what it looks like." Harry said frantically. "You're damn right!" Alex yelled, Grabbing Harry's leg and yanking Harry to the ground.

"Stop!" I screamed out at Alex. "What are you going to do about it?" Alex laughed. I clenched the small knife in my pocket. "I-I... Nothing." I dropped the knife back into my pocket. Alex bent down and his fist came into collision with Harry's jaw. Shock instantly came to me. I grabbed the nearest thing next to me. A wood plank. "Agh!" Harry screamed in pain as Alex went to town on his stomach. I walked slowly towards them, floorboards creaking under my weight.

I freaked out and swung the 4x4 as hard as I could, clenching my eyes closed. "Ah!" I heard a scream and a loud thud. I popped open an eye to see Alex lying on the ground unconscious. "Thank god." I kicked at him, seeing if he had blacked out.

I ran to Harry's aid. "Harry, are you okay. I mean you're not okay but, are you kind of okay, do you need to go to the hospital did he hurt you? Are you bro- "Anna. I'll be okay." He tilted his head back in pain of his lower ribs. I took a glance to check on Alex before propping Harry's arm onto my shoulder. "I'm taking you to the

Hospital." I grunted, lifting us up. "No really I'm fine." He cried. "Harry, were going to the hospital.

***

We arrived at the huge building, entering into the ER department and being rushed to a room for Harry to be checked out.

"Is he okay?" I asked the doctor, gripping Harry's hand that was splattered with dry blood. "He's fine. No broken bones. Just a few cuts and bruises." The doctor smiled at the x-rays mounted on the wall. "Are you sure?" I asked again. "I promise." The doctor assured me. Harry tightened his grip on my hand, I looked at him, his face with a grin. "What are you smiling about?" I hissed. "You're cute. Help me up?" He laughed lightly. "Yeah." I smiled, once again releasing my grip of the pocket knife in my left pocket. Why did he have a pocket knife? It's not like could use if for- oh my god.