Ch 15

I sat and waited. I stared at his lightly shut eyelids, concealing his light green eyes. I watched as his chest lifted and lowered consistently. "Harry?" I whispered, brushing my thumb across this cheek. "Wake up babe! You have work." I smiled. "Mh?" He grunted, pulling his arms up and stretching letting out grunts. "Do I have to?" He propped himself onto his shoulders. "I have work to, so were all in this together." I nudged at him with my elbow. "I got you." He laughed, kicking the blankets to his ankles.

***

"Janet, the coffee grinder is stuck again." I grunted, rolling my head in her direction. "Pull down harder!" She yelled back, directing her attention back to impatient customer first in line. "Help me!" I whined, tugging down on the handle. "I'm a little busy!" Janet yelled back. She's always 'busy.' Even though all she does is work at the register and drinks coffee all day that she doesn't pay for because she's thinks that she gets some sort of authority for being manager. I disagree but okay.

"It's not plugged in." Janet reached behind the machine and put the fallen plug back into the socket. "Now quit bugging me." She spat, walking back to the register. The way she sipped her iced cappuccinos everyday disgusted me. She'd always squeak the straw up and down, or sip at the low amount of coffee causing it to gurgle. "Put down your damn coffee cup and get to work." I mumbled to myself. "Janet." I added, mocking what she did to me, always adding my name. 'Anna do this! Anna do that!' Someday I just want to be like "You have two arms and legs, right?"

I took a break and walked out back to get some air. Grace was out on a smoke break. "Hey banana, we haven't talked for a bit?" She smiled. "Just been a bit busy." I looked down at the small cut on my palm from the 2x4. "So, Styles?" She laughed, inhaling her cigarette smoke. "Yeah, haha. I guess." I chuckled. "He has the voice of an angel, I have to give you that. Does he have a real job?" She coughed. "U-uh yeah. He works at the gym." I smiled. "Oh, cool. Have you met his obsessive hair stylist yet?" She laughed, flicking the cigarette onto the ground and pressing her foot on top of it.

"Yeah, Jaymie's quite the character." I took a deep breath. "She's a crazy bitch, too." Grace added. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I went to high school with those goons, she was all over everything that had a dick." Grace laughed. "I'm gonna head back inside. You gonna stick out here?" She asked. "Listen, you look worried about something. What's up?" She asked with concern.

I wasn't going to lie to her, she's too good at reading my eyes. "Just, something happened yesterday." I looked around. "Anna, what happened?" She asked, stepping towards me. "I'll show you the texts..." I pulled out my phone. "Oh my god." She covered her mouth with a gasp.

***

"Is he okay?" She asked frantically. "Yeah, he's fine." I said calmly. "Thank god." She huffed. "Hey uh, not to be rude. But, why do you care so much about Harry?" I asked.

*Graces POV*

I was hoping she wouldn't ask this. Ever. Okay, she's either going to love me or hate me but- I had to tell her.

"Well, uh." I paused. "Erm, okay don't tell Haz I said this but- he's my cousin." I looked away. She looked at me puzzled. "What!" She yelled. "He's keeping so many secrets what the fuck!" She yelled out, combing her fingers through her blonde hair. "Listen, he's a guy. They do these things to protect you." "What do you mean 'protect me' Grace?" I'd done it again. I put my hand onto her shoulder. "I've dated Alex." I looked into her eyes.

*Annas POV*

She poured her heart out in revealing and somewhat horrifying stories about Alex. He'd abused her. My heart sunk to the floor as I examined the scars she'd pointed out. "I'm still confused." I asked. "Harry didn't sit back. I was all he had." She choked. "Alex and Harry got in a fight. Harry did time but Alex ran." She looked me in the eyes. "When Harry figured out you were dating Alex he came to my house and cried for 3 hours on my couch. He didn't want Alex to hurt you like he hurt me." She started to tear up.

"Anna, he really likes you. I hope you know this. Please don't hurt him." She looked me into the eyes and took me by the hand. "You're his prized possession. You're all he talks about." She giggled as she wiped a teardrop from her reddened face. I gave her a hug and held her as she cried more, causing me to cry. We cried in an alley for 20 minutes, I counted this as bonding.

"Do you want to come over later?" I asked as we broke the hug. "That'd be nice." She smiled, face wet. "Thankyou." She smiled and hugged me again. "Wait." I laughed. "Works over. We've been out here for an hour and a half." I smiled. "Woops!" She laughed. This was the start of a new friendship. With Harry's Cousin, Grace.