36. RUN

I can feel my body wrapped in the thin blanket. It's so warm. I don't even want to open my eyes right now. A small smil forms in my lips, as I tug the blanket even closer to myself. It's been a while since I have woken up happy. Probably a few years to be honest.

Not to far away from me, Squirrely and Seungmin are quietly whispering to each other.

"I'm shaking." Squirrely says. "Look at my hands."

"Drink some water and breathe ok??" Seungmin tries to calm him down.

I frown as I hear their conversation. A second later Squirrely takes a few deep breaths and stands up walking up and down the room. Not wasting anymore time, I slowly ruffle on the bed attracting everyone's attention.

I sit up and rub my eyes before slowly opening them. Squirrely immediately turns around and smiles at me. He looks nervous, and his hands are glued together in front of him, in hopes I wouldn't see the sweat that is collecting on them.

"Morning." He says.

"Morning." I say back while still trying to fix my vision.

"I hope you slept well, because we need to go." My head turns toward Seungmin who is sitting on one of the chairs. He probably notices my curious gaze, cos he continues not long after. "It's 11.13am and the presidents conference is in 47 minutes." As those words leave his mouth, I immediately winden my eyes fully awoken now.

"What!!" Why wouldn't they wake me up?! How the hell did I even manage to sleep until now?! I jump out of the bed and enter the bathroom. In less than 30 seconds I fix my hair, do my business and right after exit again. I don't know why but I'm nervous. Not just nervous but excited as well. The two just look at me with slight surprise before speaking up.

"We should make something clear first." Seungmin speaks up. "The conference is in a public place, to be more specific on the largest square in Seoul and there are going to be a lot of people, so staying unnoticed is going to be extremely hard. Now. We will need at least 20 minutes to get to the square, which leaves you guys with around 20 minutes to do your thing. Since seeing Jisung well and on his feet won't be enough, he will have to speak up about what happened in the past." He pauses looking up at Squirrely.

I can see how nervous he actually is. We have never really talked about this in details, but he has asked about how we plan to make things right many times. I didn't want to scare him before, so I told him the recording will do most of the job, but now we don't even have it.

"Ye- ugh.. I will. I can do it." He says with his tone filled with hesitation.

"Ok, and one last thing. We might get into a lot of trouble while trying to forcefully fix this. This is our only chance so don't screw it up and do whatever it takes to succeed." Well I haven't seen him this determined in a while that's for sure. But yes. I believe we can succeed. We can do it. Squirrely can do it.

We all nod in agreement to what Seungmin said and right after the door of our room slam opened.

"You have to go. The police got a report about one of you three this morning, they are searching the rooms right now." Jeongin says with a heavy breath. I immediately reach down for my backpack and look through the door for the cops. Two police cars are parked in front of the motel, and 4 cops are searching the rooms downstairs.

"We need to make a run for it." I say as I step back into the room. While Seungmin just nods at me, I notice Squirrely panicking in the corner of the room. I quickly walk to him and make him look at me.

"It's ok. Just breathe." He takes a few deep breaths never breaking eye contact with me. Right after he seems like he has calmed down at least a little bit I take his hand in mine.