37. Why Do You Want Me To Stay

I have no idea how many corners this car already turned and to make it even worse, I lost track of time. HOW CAN THE CLOCK NOT BE SET IN YOUR CAR THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING FOR A WHILE NOW!! Anyway while I'm to busy losing my mind, Seungmin is already sweating in the front seat. He suddenly turns into a narrow street and stops the car, making both me and Squirrely bump into the seat in front us us.

"You need to go on foot. I will try to drag them away as much as possible." He says to us, and right after, I grab Squirrely's wrist and pull him out of the car shutting the door behind me as fast as possible. The sirens start approaching us again and Seungmin doesn't wait even for a second, as the car drives off faster than ever before. I quickly pull Squirrely behind the trash container squeezing us behind it as much as possible. Damn, it stinks here.

A few seconds after, the police passes by and I slowly get out of our hiding spot with Squirrely following behind. I look around realizing I have no idea where we are. Damn... he just left me to figure out how to get to the damn place by myself..... ME WHO CAN'T EVEN FIND HER OWN APARTMENT!!

"Fuck." I murmur.

"Are we in trouble??" Squirrely asks behind me.

"Pretty much.... let's go, we can still make it." I'm not sure who I'm trying to convince to be positive right now. Myself, or him, but I still take his hand and slowly walk out on the street. Realizing how many people are out here, I fix my cap and turn around to do the same with Squirrely's.

"Do you know where we are??" He asks one more question making me look him in the eyes.

"No, but I will find out." I say back. I can't lie to him, he's not an idiot not to see the panic that is taking all over me. I turn around and head for the closest bus stop. There has to be a bus stop city map there right?? I push through the people keeping Squirrelly as close as possible, as we reach one of the bus stops. There are a few people here, but all of them keep their eyes glued to their phones as we stop in front of the city map.

How does a city map even help me, if I don't even know where this square is. If it's the largest as Seungmin said, then it must also be the main square in Seoul or in other words the Seoul plaza. I look through the map and it's right there, why does it seem so far away thought??" I let out a deep sight, as I realize I'm not sure I can remember the directions from here to all the way there. Am I even capable of anything today??

"Is this where we need to go??" Squirrely taps his finger on the location we need to be at.

"Yes. Why??" I ask as my eyes raise up at him.

"I know this place. I think I know how to get there." Now this takes me by surprise.

"Really?? How though??"

"I lived around here in the past, so I knew my way around." I just nod at him. He takes a few seconds to look through the map in case he doesn't remember clearly, I mean, after all it has been a while. In the meantime I look around and notice a grandma sitting on the bench not even a meter away from us.

"Excuse me, could you tell me what's the time please??" I ask politely and earn a small smile from her.

"Of course, just a moment please." She slowly pulls out her phone, and as the screen turns on she squeezes her eyes trying to get a clear look at the clock.

"It's 11:39 young lady." She looks at me one last time before I thank her and give her a small bow. "Bu-but. Have I seen you somewhere before??" She asks making me bite my lower lip in frustration.

"Probably yes. I'm pretty famous these days." With an awkward laugh, I bow at her two more times and turn to Squirrely who has just finished memorizing the path.