♥【z e r o】♥

Circles
ᴳˢᵒᵘˡ
0:00 ─|──────── 3:21
|◁       II       ▷|

←→

←→

Nomin 

"Jeno, you need to lighten up a little bit, you're working yourself to death, burning both ends of the candle, ringing yourself dry, punching your-"

"Okay, hyung, I get it," Jeno said with a sigh, finally caving in an attempt to make the older shut up. On one end, he knew that the other was right, and he also knew that his hyung was just trying to help him, but on the other hand- "Mark, can you just let me finish up these papers? I'll go home after I swear." Mark groaned.

"That's what you said 4 hours ago." Jeno furrowed his brows and checked his watch. Sure enough, it had been four hours since his last Mark Lee Lecture. "See what I mean?" Mark said blankly as he watched the younger contemplate where his time went. Jeno shook his head.

"Well, I'm serious this time. Just let me finish up these documents." Jeno said, his voice softer now and fatigue growing more evident as his posture fell a bit, the younger no longer able to keep up his 'I'm perfectly fine' mask in front of Mark. The older sighed.

"Jeno, I want you to go out with me tonight." Jeno let out a soft 'huh?' at that and looked up at the older. He loved Mark and honestly owed most of his career to this man, but he didn't think of him like that. Mark rolled his eyes. "Not that kind of go out Jeno! I mean I want you to come out for a drink with me tonight." Jeno sighed, looking back down at the document and skimming it over before shutting the folder and standing from his desk. "Oh, come on Jen! It's a Friday night anyway, it wouldn't hurt any. Just come out and kick back for a bit!" Jeno tried to ignore the man who was leaning against his bookshelf as he opened his filing cabinet and scanned around until he found the section he was looking for, sliding the folder in and shutting the drawer before heading back towards his desk. "You deserve it." Mark added after a moment and Jeno paused. 

He looked at the small cactus he had on his desk that Mark had given him when he first started working and sighed before glancing out the window. He knew he deserved it deep down, he was working his ass off every day, but part of him was still wary. He pressed his lips together and let out a long breath reaching up to loosen his tie before turning to Mark with a small smile.

"I guess I could come-"

"Great! I'll be by your place to pick you up at seven! Thanks, Jeno, you won't regret it!" Mark said happily, giving the younger a hug that Jeno gladly reciprocated before rushing out of Jeno's office with a wave, being sure to shut the door behind himself before Jeno could change his mind.

Roxanne ♥

⇢ J e n o I s B a b y B o i

←→

2021