Chapter 1 "A chance."

Clara's POV:
Im not sure if life has been easier or harder for me. I can't say i haven't been sad or that i don't cry myself to sleep every night because i do. Im dating Jason but its not the same. After a couple of weeks after Carter died, Jason told me he had feelings for me. I told him to give me time because i was still healing. Its been around 10 months since Carter died. After about 3 months i decided to date Jason because i thought that maybe i was ready. I mean, i have feelings for him but i love Carter. Jason and i are taking things slow. Justin and i still talk but its been maybe 2 weeks since i did. I should call him soon. He's basically the only person i trust fully. I haven't talked to Sarah since the day i saw her with Carter. I don't plan on talking to her or seeing her. I thank her for showing me that things are not always what we think and that we cant trust everybody. The only kissed Jason and i have had are pecks. I really want to take things slow. Jason has changed. He's been out a lot and sometimes he gets home a little drunk. I hear the door open and shut.

"Hey babe!" Jason slurred.

"Jason, are you drunk?" I asked.

"No, of course not. I would never." He said as he walked over to me.

"Jason, go take a cold shower." I ordered.

"Can i have a kiss?" Jason asked.

"Take a shower first and brush your teeth. You reek of alcohol." I said.

"You're not my mom." He said.

"You're acting like a child! Go take a shower." I ordered.

"Fine!" Jason slurred as he walked to his room.

I cant believe he's drunk again. I don't know what im doing wrong. Maybe ill go visit Michelle tomorrow. Yes, i still talk to Michelle. I don't have parents and she's the closest i have. She always listens to me and gives me good advice. She lost the love of her life too, so she understands me.

-------------------

(Morning)
I groan and stretch as i open my eyes. I sigh and sit up. I rub my eyes and grab the phone from the nightstand next to me. "10:15" i say to myself as i look at the time. I get up and walk to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. As i walk to the kitchen i hear Jason walking behind me.

"Clara." He calls

"Clara." He says again.

"Clara!" He yells louder as he grabs me by the arm.

"What?" I yell back.

"Look, i just wanted to say im sorry for last night." Jason apologizes.

"If you apologize for something its because you know its wrong and if you know its wrong, you stop doing it. You have been getting here drunk for 4 months Jason! I don't even know what im doing here." I say.

"Im sorry Clara. I love you, please don't go." Jason pleaded.

"This is the last time Jason." I warn.

"Understood." He said.

Jason put his hand on my cheek and stared at me. I could see his gaze go from my eyes to my lips. He slowly leaned in and kissed me. After a few seconds i pulled back. Jason scoffed.

"Jason, im sorry. I told you to be patient, to give me time." I say.

"Patience runs out Clara and i cant wait forever. Im going to take a shower." Jason said as he left me there.

I feel bad. He loves me and i cant say the same. Im trying to love him but i cant. I will only love Carter. Im not going to think about it too much. Im just gonna call Michele and ask her when i can go see her. (M= Michelle C= Clara)

M= Hello?

C= Hey, its Clara.

M= Hello sweetie. How are you?

C= Actually, i wanted to talk to you about that. Can i come over?

M= Of course! You can come over now if you want.

C= Great! Let me just take a quick shower and I'll be on my way. I'll see you in maybe 15-20 minutes.

M= Okay, see you later.

C= Bye.

(End of call)

I walked to my room and went in the bathroom. I grabbed a cute dress and got ready. As i was walking out the door Jason stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Uhh... To see a friend." I replied nervously

"Who?" Jason asked.

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"It does because you're my girlfriend and we live in the same house. I think i deserve to know where you are going and who you're going to see." Jason replied.

"Look, you're my boyfriend not my mom. I don't have to tell you everything I'm going to do, okay? I'll be back later." I said as i started to leave.

"What? No kiss?" Jason asked.

I rolled my eyes and turned around. I leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips.

-----------------

I got out of the car and fixed my dress. I walked to the door and rang the doorbell. The door opened to reveal Michelle with a huge smile.

"Clara!" She yelled as she hugged me.

"Hi Michelle." I reply as i let go.

"Come in." Michelle said as she gestured me to come inside.

I sat on the couch and crossed my legs.

"Do you want something to drink?" Michelle asked.

"No, im good but thanks for asking." I reply.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked as she sat next to me.

"I need your help, i don't know what to do or if im doing the right thing." I started.

"Jason and i have been dating for a while and we live together in the same house. He has changed a lot since we started dating. He gets home late and he always gets home drunk. I don't know if i should leave him or if i should stay. I told him when we started dating that i needed time to heal and that he needed to have patience. I know he loves me but... I don't love him. I never will. I only love one person and that's Carter. I mean, i like Jason but i don't love him. And sometimes he tries to force me to kiss him. It honestly makes me so uncomfortable but then i put myself in his position and it makes me feel really bad. I mean, how do you think it feels not being able to kiss, cuddle and sleep with the person you love and live with? It wouldn't even bother me if he was sleeping with another woman. He's just looking for someone to please him like i never will. I cant even kiss him without feeling like I'm betraying Carter." I explain.

"Well, i cant make decisions for you but i can help you make the right one. You should tell him how you feel. Don't lead him on. I can understand how you're feeling. When Carter's father died, i remarried. I didn't love him, i loved Carter's father. I thought that maybe marrying him would make me love him and it didn't. I ended up divorcing him. It didn't work out between me and him but that doesn't mean it cant work for you. Maybe you should give him a chance. I understand its hard but you have to forget about Carter. Scratch that, you don't have to forget about him but you need to move on. Carter would have wanted you to move on. Sadly, Carter is dead. His life is over but that doesn't mean that yours has to end too. I love you Clara. I think of you as a daughter and i want what's best for you. I think you should give this Jason a chance. Maybe you'll end up loving him, you never know." Michelle said.

"Wow, thanks Michelle. I made the right choice coming here for advice. I love you too." I said.

"You're welcome sweetheart." She replied.

"Well, i better get going. Goodbye." I said as i stood up and gave Michelle a long hug.

"Be safe." Michelle said as she waved.

Michelle always gives the best advice. Im going to give Jason a chance.

A/N
Hi! Sorry its short. I took this chapter to kind of tell you what Clara is feeling and stuff like that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.