Chapter 10 "He's gone now...hopefully."

"Clara." Justin whispered as he shook me.

"What?" I groaned as i opened my eyes.

"We need to go. Now." He hurried.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked while i sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"I'll explain later. Hurry up. Pack a couple of clothes and meet me in the living room." Justin said as he left to im guessing his room.

I quickly went to my closet and did as Justin said. I only filled up my bag with maybe 3 or 4 pairs of clothing. I went to the living room and Justin got there a couple of seconds later.

"Now, can you tell me?" I asked as i stood up from the couch.

"I'll tell you on the way. Let's go." Justin said as he hurried to the door. When he opened it a couple of police cars were making they're way through the street.

"Shit!" Justin yelled.

He ran to the stairs.

"C'mon!" He yelled looking back at me.

I ran after him. He went inside his room and opened the window. He took his head out and looked around.

"We're gonna jump, okay? It's not that far down." Justin assured.

He looked once more and took his feet out. In a second he had jumped off of the edge of the window.

"C'mon, your turn." Justin said.

I looked down for a second. It seems like i don't have a choice.

"POLICE! OPEN THE DOOR!" I heard someone yelling from inside.

"Clara, hurry up! I'll catch you but you need to jump right now." Justin said stressed.

"Okay, im gonna jump." I warn.

I took my feet out the window and stood on the ledge of the window. I turned around, my stomach facing the room. I breathed in deeply and jumped. Justin caught me. Thank God. I was so nervous.

"Okay, lets go." Justin said as he put me down and grabbed my hand.

He quickly started running. I can see why he was holding my hand. I would have been far behind if he wasn't.

"Where are we even going?" I asked as i tried keeping my breathing at a steady pace.

"A cabin to stay for a couple of days. The police should be gone by then." Justin said as he slowed down and stopped at a street.

He looked both ways making sure there were no cars passing. He quickly started running again holding on to my hand. I never realized how small my hands were. He could easily wrap his around mine.

"Why are the police looking for us? We didn't do anything." I asked.

"They aren't looking for us. They're looking for Carter. They reported him at our house and now they think he lives there." Justin explained as he slowed his pace.

"Great! Even when he's not here he still manages to get us all in trouble." I said.

"He's gone now...hopefully." Justin said and looked at me in the last part.

"I don't think we're getting back together Justin. He's gotten us into so much trouble." I said as Justin started running again.

"Whatever you say, princess. The cabin is not so far from here. We just have to cross these woods." Justin said as he pointed to some woods a couple of feet away.

"Are you sure it's safe to run through there?" I asked unsure.

"Do you see any other options?" He asked sarcastically.