The First Lunch (School)

The first few lessons passed by and Ayuhana could not wait to get away. The only lesson she understood was English and even then, no one bothered to talk to her. She looked outside to see a group of students running towards the other school building. She wondered what was the rush. The bell rang for the start of lunch and most of the class left, running. "What exactly was going on", she mumbled to herself. Hamu's mother got up quite early that morning to make everyone lunch, but when she checked in her bag she did not see it. Her stomach felt so empty and lunch was the only thing she had to look forward to. And now, she did not even have that. She rested her head on the table moaning aloud. What a great first day she thought.

"AYU-CHIII!!!" Ayuhana looked up from her desk to see Jung-Ha walking toward her from the door at the front of the class.

She sat upright and instantly became happy at the sight of his face. Finally, someone to talk to she thought. "Jung-Ha, you have no idea how happy I am to see you...but where's Hamu?" she asked him.
Jung-Ha's facial expression changed, "Hamu that jerk abandoned me for his schoolmates!" He began to pout, "Hmph, why should I care! I get to spend lunch with you. By the way, is it just me or do these Japanese kids seem stuck up?" He paused to looked around the class and realized thy were all looking at him. "Did they understand what I said?" he said puling a chair to her desk.
Ayuhana laughed a bit when she realized they were all indeed looking at them, but not for that reason. It must have been his hair. Everyone's eyes were staring, especially the preppy girls. Ayuhana shook her head. "No...I don't think that's it." At that moment her stomach began to grumble. She felt so embarrassed.

Jung-Ha began to laugh. "You must be very hungry, haha! Oh yea, I forgot." He lifted her bento onto the table. "Hamu told me to give this to you. You left it on the kitchen table this morning."

Now she remembered, "Ah...that was your fault!" she exclaimed, "You pulled me through the door before I had the chance to get it this morning." Ayuhana began to pout.

"You're going to get wrinkles," he said grabbing her cheeks. "Let's eat, i want to take a look around school before lunch finishes."

"Hmm...okay!" she said bitting into one of the sandwiches.