The Red Death

The cavernous battlefield roared with the sound of dragons and clashing metal as Hiccup urged Toothless forward, his heart pounding in his chest. The Red Death, now fully awakened and enraged, towered over the landscape, its sheer size dwarfing everything around it. The monstrous dragon’s scales shimmered with a dark, oily sheen, reflecting the dim light of the overcast sky. Toothless darted through the air with a practiced agility, the sound of his wings slicing through the air a stark contrast to the thunderous roar of the Red Death.

“Let’s give him something to think about,” Hiccup muttered, tightening his grip on the saddle.

Toothless responded with a growl, his muscles coiling in preparation. A blast of plasma shot from his mouth, striking the Red Death squarely in the face. The force of the attack momentarily halted the stream of fire spewing from the Red Death’s maw, but it was not enough to stop the beast. The massive dragon’s head whipped around, its eight eyes locking onto Toothless with a terrifying focus.

The Red Death roared, its voice a wave of power that rippled through the air, causing every other dragon in the vicinity to freeze in place. The Vikings below clutched at their heads, some dropping to their knees in agony as the sound assaulted their senses. Blood poured from their ears, and a few even lost their grip on reality, their minds snapping under the pressure.

Hiccup and Toothless, their bond strengthened by their shared magic, managed to withstand the onslaught, though just barely. Hiccup’s vision blurred for a moment, the force of the Red Death’s roar threatening to overwhelm him. But Toothless’ steady presence beneath him kept him grounded, and together they turned in midair to face the monstrous dragon once more.

The Red Death, sensing the challenge in their gaze, bellowed again, the sound echoing off the mountainside. The ground trembled as the beast stomped forward, trampling dragons and Vikings alike in its path. Without hesitation, the Red Death unleashed another stream of fire, this time directing it at the Viking ships anchored nearby.

“Let’s see how much he can handle,” Hiccup whispered, the words barely audible over the chaos.

Toothless dropped out of the sky, his wings folded tight against his body as he gained speed. They streaked past the Red Death, another plasma blast erupting from Toothless’ maw. This time, Hiccup directed Toothless to aim for the wings, hoping to ground the beast.

But the Red Death’s hide proved nearly impervious, the scales barely blackening under the assault. Hiccup’s mind raced as he searched for a weakness, any vulnerability that could give them an advantage.

“We need to keep him grounded,” Hiccup said, the urgency in his voice mirrored by the quickened pace of Toothless’ flight. “If he takes to the sky, we’re done for.”

As if in response, the Red Death roared again, its massive wings unfurling with a force that sent shockwaves through the air. Hiccup and Toothless barely managed to avoid the sweeping claws, the giant dragon’s movements growing more frenzied as it struggled to catch the nimble Night Fury.

In a daring move, Toothless dived in close, raking his claws across the Red Death’s face. The monster snapped its jaws at them, but Toothless was too quick, pulling up just in time to avoid the deadly bite. They circled around, dodging blasts of fire and debris as they continued their relentless assault.

But despite their efforts, the Red Death’s attention remained divided. The beast’s gaze shifted away from Toothless and Hiccup, focusing instead on two small figures on the ground below. Hiccup’s heart skipped a beat as he realized who it was—Stoick and Gobber, standing defiantly in the path of the giant dragon.

“Dad! What are you doing?” Hiccup shouted, his voice barely carrying over the noise of the battlefield.

Toothless did not wait for a command. He surged forward, banking hard to bring them in line with the Red Death’s massive head. As the dragon inhaled deeply, preparing to incinerate the two Vikings, Toothless spun in midair and unleashed a powerful blast directly into the Red Death’s open maw.