⋆͛ 08 ⋆͛

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER EIGHT
ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏs ғ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ's ᴘᴀs

═══════════════╗CHAPTER EIGHT• ᴛʜᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴏʀʀᴏʀ's ᴘᴀsᴛ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

Aylin grabs her crossbody bag and sets the strap diagonally across her upper body. She takes the keys out of her purse and looks over at Yumi who's consumed by the tv.

"Alright, I'm heading out. I'll see you later."

"You work tonight?" Yumi pauses the show. "I thought you said you didn't."

"Not at the club, but nannying. Jin asked if I can take care of the kids tonight as well since he's having dinner with his girl... or whatever they are."

"Oh, Maeum?" Aylin nods and Yumi scrunches her face in disgust. "God, I hate that girl. She's so obsessive over Jin."

Aylin chuckles, "That you aren't wrong about."

"They're not gonna last. The kids don't even like her."

"I've never met her, but from what I've seen, she doesn't seem like the best."

"Yeah, she isn't."

Aylin smiles and rolls her eyes, "Enough gossiping, I have to get going."

Yumi nods and Aylin turns around to leave. Just as she's about to open the door, Yumi calls her name.

"Before you go, there's something I should let you know."

Aylin turns to her, "What is it?"

Yumi is hesitant, but she spits it out, "It's Jimin. He wants to come over to visit and take care of me this weekend."

Aylin's heart sinks to her stomach and her throat feels as if it's swelling up.

"I told him it'd be best if he didn't, but you know him. He's stubborn."

"Um..." Aylin blinks a few times, trying to process the news.

"I'm sorry, Lin. I know–"

"No, no," She responds quickly, shaking her head. "He's your brother. He should be able to come over even after everything that happened. All of that is in the past," Aylin gives Yumi a weak smile. "Plus you're injured. Of course he'd wanna take care of his little sis."

"Lin–"

"Seriously, it's okay," Aylin gives her a tight-lipped smile. "I've gotta go. See you later."

Aylin unlocks the door and pulls it open, exiting the apartment. She shuts the door, spins around, and brings her hand up to her forehead.

"Fuck."