⋆͛ 01 ⋆͛

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ONE
ᴍʀ. ᴋɪᴍ

╚═══════════════

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

It's exactly 6:35 am when Aylin arrives home to her apartment. She slips off her black seven-inch platform stilettos, sighing softly in relief when her bruised and blistered feet touch the cool ground.

Lin sets her heels and duffel bag down by the entrance and tiptoes over to the kitchen island, sitting down on a stool. She takes off her small backpack and opens it, turning it upside down and letting the cash fall onto the marble counter. She gathers the bills and starts counting them one by one.

"$1,689," Aylin mutters once she finishes counting the cash. "Eh, not my best."

"Hey," Yumi, her roommate, greets lazily as she strolls into the kitchen. "Just got home?"

"Yup," She replies. "What about you? Off to work?"

"Yup," Yumi yawns, opening the box of chocolate chip muffins and grabbing one. "It's still so weird to me that when I leave for work you have arrived from work."

Aylin chuckles, "Stripper things."

Yumi laughs softly before checking her phone for the time.

"I should get going," She tells Aylin, grabbing her things. "See you later."

"See ya." The younger girl waves goodbye to her roommate.

Aylin's obnoxiously loud alarm set for 3:30 pm blares across the bedroom, waking her up instantly. She turns off the alarm and groans when she looks down at her pillow and sees makeup stains on it. Aylin gets up, puts her sheets to wash, then goes into the bathroom to shower. When she's out and all cleaned up, Yumi arrives home.

"Lin!" Her roommate calls. "I brought food!"

"Food?" Aylin questions quietly, looking at herself in the mirror as she brushes her damp hair. "Going!"

She sets the brush down and makes her way out of the bedroom.

"Food, you say?"

Yumi nods.

"What do you want?" She teases her friend. "You only bring me food when you need a favor."