Chapter 2 - The Commander

Waking up early in the morning is usual for Kai himself. Looking around his surroundings, making sure that he doesn't make any noise around. Sneaking quietly to the entrance, Kai met Zenil's serious gaze on him. This made him frozen for a while, thinking that it was a ghost. Since when is he here?

It is true that all the other members are asleep as much as Kai heard. What is Zenil doing so early in the morning? He had 'panda' eyes all over, strangely his gestures were sleepless. "Good morning, Stane," greeted Zenil as he crossed his arms. "Good morning, Zenil," Kai replied, feeling a bit hesitant.

"Thanks for coming so early. You are very diligent like seriously, Stane," Zenil told him as he yawned a bit. It's not even sunrise! Could tell that this time is around four in the morning. "Since when are you here, Zenil? It's not even sunrise yet!" Kai asked surprisingly. "I, myself, always wake up at this time, before sunrise. Doing leader duties, going on a patrol by myself right before the others," Zenil replied.

"Going on patrol by yourself? You seem tired," Kai added his words to Zenil who seemed to look at the entrance. "Yes, Stane. My only freedom is on the full moon. Being the leader isn't easy, more responsibilities placed within me. Each night and morning, I would go on patrol myself. There is no business with you about my condition," Zenil replied to him with a serious tone. Kai says no more, he finds it quite rude asking about his health. Kai just felt a little awkward with him.

"As for now, I am glad you woke up early. Now, we can go," Zenil added, walking towards the entrance. Kai follows him from the back, glancing back at the camp, he wishes luck for Oscar, Mika and the others safety since the Likowns are on the loose again. Kai rather felt guilty when he remembered about them. Did Zenil know about their release?

Walking early in the morning is one of Zenil's and Kai's favorite times. The air seemed fresh, birds began to chirp cheerfully, the cold breeze ran swiftly around them. Just like old days! "Hey, Zenil. Did your camp know about you leaving?" Kai asked as he remembered that Zenil works alone as their leader. Zenil nodded, "Yeah, I've asked Burdock and Mika to watch over the camp last night," he replied calmly. "Speaking of camp," he added. "I heard that you've been teaching Oscar about stalking, noticing both your voices from afar. Goodness, you two were so loud at night."

Kai felt shocked about this and stood still like a statue. Is Zenil mad about him? I mean, it's impossible right? Everyone needs to learn how to stalk on enemies' territory for answers. Kai began to overthink so much on how Zenil responds to him. However, it is not what he expected, instead it is the other way around. "Thanks for that, Stane. Oscar is rather lazy and sleepy when it comes to his brother's explanation about it. I am particularly concerned about this, thanks for your help, Stane. Really I do," Zenil finally said those words that Kai never thought he would say that. Zenil is a rather serious person and strict on mostly everything. Oscar even mentioned that he never chills down. Surprisingly, he thanked Kai for this. Oh goodness! His tone scares Kai since it's so serious and it almost makes Kai's nervousness take over him!

"No problem, Zenil. I am honored," Kai chuckled awkwardly. "Where are we going exactly?" he began asking, changing the topic. Zenil looked back at Kai and refused to say anything. Kai huffed with Zenil not replying to his question, how rude! Kai just kept following Zenil until he saw a huge kingdom in front of his eyes. The kingdom of Mystilan I must say.

Kai has never been here before. His empire is quite far from the kingdom and Mystilan Forest, he can't believe he is that far from home. "Woah! That's a huge one," Kai gasped surprisingly, also glaring back at Zenil. "And.. what are we doing here?" He asked again. "Just wanna show you around, same as my today's duties," Zenil finally replied, rather a normal and plain tone. Kai sighed and followed him. "Stane, I want you to go first. I don't accept what you do behind me, even if you don't do anything silly or dangerous," Zenil ordered him as he walked back. Kai nodded swiftly and started to walk to the kingdom.