| urges |

POE

I sat at the table of the cafeteria. There was food infront of me but I wasn't interested in eating. My eyes were occupied by what was once my hand but now a piece of metal. I clenched my cybernetic replacement in frustration. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly happy with my new attachment of sorts. I'm a pilot, I need my hands to do the the things I do. I need to be able to have the feeling of both my hands. Having a cybernetic hand feels like a burden rather than an improvement.

It's been three months since the assault but it's only been days since I woke up from my concussion. Rey helped recap everything that has happened within the last few months. The aftermath of the assault, the ships and of course Finn. They apparently lost track of his transponder just a few days ago but I'm sure he's fine. He's a survivor. Rey who just sat down across me, interrupted my thoughts. She gave me a wide smile which eventually made me smile as well. But she saw right through it, I was still feeling disgruntled about my cybernetic replacement.

" You wanna fly some practice rounds later? Get you back in the zone?"

I lightly scoffed at her question as my eyes went from her to my hand.

" Can I though?" I asked her back, lifting my hand up . She looked down for a split second, feeling guilty about asking it. I placed my hand stop her's to assure her it was fine.

"I might go to the hangar to check on my ship. . . Haven't seen her in months. You can come with if you'd like." I offered to which she immediately looked up at me before nodding.

" Yeah sure!" She said as she went back to eating her food while I unconsciously started to steal glances at her. BB8 nudged me on the thigh to snap me from staring any longer. After breakfast, Rey and I walked alongside each other, together with BB8 to the hangar as I spotted my ship or rather what's left of it. I didn't know they would actually try and save what's left of it, seeing as how I crashed into a lake a few months ago, I'd say it looks better than I thought it would but definitely needs more work.

" BB8 and I worked on repairing it whenever we're free but the I guess our schedule's been pretty packed lately. . ." Rey said, scratching the back of her neck slightly embarrassed. I chuckled at how cute she was before turning my attention back to the ship.

" Well then. . . Let's get to work!" I said as I walked over to my ship to get started. We started to repair my ships with the resources we had. Fortunately, the council of Nevvaro were kind enough to compensate us for our troubles by supplying us with medical supplies as well as materials for our damaged aircrafts. Some of the things that they gave us, I was shook by. I never thought I'd be putting a mini ion blaster in my ship but here I am.

The raw materials they gave us were much better at protecting the ship than our previous ones which was a definite upgrade. I was in the middle of securing a new thruster to my ship when I realized I needed BB8's help getting into a tight place.

" Buddy! I'm gonna need your help with the thruster mount!"

beep boop

" My hand? What do you mean?"

boop whirrs

Confused I did as he told. My cybernetic finger transformed into a self adapting wrench that was small enough to reach the mount. I looked at it, impressed.

" Well that's something good to come out of this."

I heard Rey chuckle at my comment which made me look in her general direction. She sat there, looking back at me giving me a smile which I return.