Chapter 10 - A heroic romance

Cassandra slowly started waking up to the lights through the window. When she opened her eyes. She was still cuddled up on Varian's chest. Out of surprise forgetting, she was there she fell off the bed dragging Varian with her since they were handcuffed.

Cassandra and Varian were both on the floor and she was somehow on top of him. She put her arms down on the ground and raised herself up but still looking into his eyes. "Well good morning to you too. You know normally I just like being woken up but a pat on the shoulder or an alarm clock, but hey there is nothing more alarming than this." Varian said as he looked at Cassandra.

Cassandra stood up as she helped Varian by putting her hand out. Once they were both standing up again she wiped some of the dirt off her clothes. Varian looked at her and he gave her a small snicker.

"What?" Cassandra asked as he looked at her.

"You have dirt all over your hair. Here." Varian walked up and started brushing it out of her hair with his hand that wasn't handcuffed to her. Cassandra grabbed his wrist with her free hand and pulled his hand away from her hair.

"Yours isn't much better," Cassandra said making Varian blush as she put both of her hands in his hair and she started brushing it when she caught her hair in a small really deformed braid where his teal strip is.

Cassandra paused as she thought for a second, then it hit her and she blushed. "You never took out the braid?"

Varian put his hand in his hair and felt the braid. "Oh, ha! I guess I did. I guess I couldn't think of a reason to take it out." Both of them pause and look at each other.

"Well, I have. Your hair gets really knotted when your hair stays braided." She said as she walked Varian over to the bed. He sat down facing the wall as she was playing with the braid trying to get it out.

After about thirty minutes Cassandra was still playing with Varian's hair. She had gotten the braid out twenty minutes ago, but now she was just enjoying herself. She was now trying to get all the knots out, get the dirt out, and play with his teal strip.

Varian didn't mind it. He liked Cassandra's hands going through his hair, and he really liked that when he looked at Cassandra she would blush. He loved the feeling of her hands. After a little while, Varian and Cassandra heard a bang from outside the bars keeping them in. Varian stood up and grabbed Cassandra's hand and pulled her close to him.

They looked over to see one of the guards fall to the floor as he was knocked out. Varian and Cass both let their guard down confused. When they saw Rapunzel with a frying pan walk in front of the bars on the door.

"Oh my god!!! I was so worried!!!" Rapunzel said as she came up to the bars. Immediately Varian and Cassandra both let go of each other and kind of backed away not wanting the princess to see. Rapunzel gave them a confused look noticing them acting weird.

"EUGENE, I FOUND THEM!!!!" Rapunzel shouted to the other side of the room. Eugene walked up with this very deformed key. Eugene started to pick the lock and the door came open. Rapunzel walked in and gave Cassandra a big hug.

"I've missed you so much," Rapunzel said with a couple of happy tears dripping down her cheeks. Cassandra looked at her friend's shoulder while Rapunzel's eyes were closed enjoying the moment. Cassandra didn't say it, but she was trying her hardest not to cry.

Cassandra put her arms up to hug her friend when it pulled Varian close to them because of the handcuffs. The sudden pull of the boy cause Cassandra and Rapunzel to break the hug.

"Oh, let me get that for you." Eugene walked up with his key. Varian put his hand up telling Eugene to stop. "What?"

"The handcuffs don't have a lock," Varian said as Rapunzel and Eugene looked at each other both confused.