Chapter 18 - Now there's nothing left to lose

"I-I know how to get the handcuffs off!!!!" Varian shouted talking fast out of excitement.

They heard a big bang from behind them. All of them looked behind them. Behind them, were all of the men and they all started walking up to Cassandra Varian, Rapunzel, and Eugene.

"Well, what is it?!" Cass shouted wanting to get it over with.

"Right... look it might not work," Varian said scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't care! Just get it over with." Cass told Varian starting to panic as the guys got closer.

"Please, before we do it. I have to tell you something." Varian said getting into battle positions to fight.

Cassandra stood in battle positions. "MORE secrets?!" She shouted at him. Both of them ran into battle.

"Well, it's less of a secret and more of a confession," Varian said as he threw an alchemy ball at someone making the floor beneath them become unstable causing that one person to trip.

"Alright, then get to confessing," Cassandra said impatiently while fighting with her sword. Only blocking not trying to hurt anyone.

"Look, I just wanted to say. -Look out!" Varian moved Cass out of the way and he kicked the guy who was holding a sword and caught their sword as he fell to the ground.

"Continue," Cass said using her bow and putting the sword in her sword holder on her back. (I don't know what they're called)

"I just wanted to say-"

"ON YOUR RIGHT!!!!" Cassandra shouted as he threw an alchemy thing to his right that made the person he threw it at the person making them become unconscious.

"I just wanted to say-" Varian tried to continue but was interrupted by a loud noise Ruddiger made as he was running and attacking as beast Ruddiger. When Cassandra looked overall she heard was Varian's voice speed talking and saying, "I WOULD RATHER BE STUCK WITH YOU MY ENTIRE LIFE THAN NOT HAVE YOU IN IT AT ALL!!!! SO, IF THESE HANDCUFFS NEVER COME OFF, I DON'T CARE!!!!!!" Varian shouted making Cassandra look back at him blushing.

"W-What?" Cassandra said not knowing what to think.

"T-That's why I wasn't willing to take the risk with the chemical... When I got the warning I... Cassie I-"

A loud bang happened behind them and they both looked over to see Rapunzel with a frying pan as the leader became knocked out.

"Phew. That was close." Rapunzel said while tossing the frying pan and giving herself a pat on the back.

All of them looked around and Ruddiger and Eugene came up. Eugene still on Ruddiger's back shouted to everyone else. "You should get those handcuffs off sooner than later," Eugene said.  Varian and Cass looked at each other with smirks on both of their faces.

Varian whistled and Ruddiger bent to them. They all got on Ruddigers back and they all got out of there as fast as they could. 

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

*in the safe location probably like on a small beach by the shore or something*

Cassandra handed Rapunzel the bow and Varian gave Eugene the alchemy ball. This one was a mixture of many colors, but it was powerful enough to destroy a mountain on its own, if they could direct the shot to the handcuffs they would break for sure.

Cassandra and Varian stepped away about twenty feet so the blast most likely wouldn't hurt Eugene and Rapunzel if anything were to go wrong. Cassandra and Varian both took a deep breath. Varian looked at Cass, knowing if this didn't work... They were done for.