Chapter 1

Jay and I hadn't talked much this summer so we made a plan to go to Katie's Diner right after school. But first we had to get through the first day of eleventh grade.

Jay was a year older than me. He didnt have a girlfriend but it wouldn't be hard for him to get one. Any girl with eyes could see that he was absolutely gorgeous.He was tall, lean, had jet black hair, beautiful blue eyes and a pale complexion to compliment them.

People have asked him out before, but he always says no for some reason. But Jay wasn't just a pretty face, he was the type of guy who actually listened to you and cared.

Jay was the only one to comfort me after my parents split. Its hard to admit I have feelings for him but maybe thats because of the girls at school who are always putting me down. They say that Jay only hangs out with me over pity.

But either way I dont think I'll ever have the courage to tell him how I feel, I'm just too scared of losing him.

We first went to the office to pick up our schedules and new locker numbers. Jay's locker was next to mine we requested they'd be close the last day of tenth grade.

I started stuffing textbooks into my locker and putting up pictures of me and Jay. While Jay finished putting his textboks away, Megan Collins walked up to him. She leaned over his locker.

"So how was your summer Jay?"

"umm...it was okay."

"Are you going to be playing football this year?"

"No I dont think so."

"Aww, but then I can't cheer you on anymore" she put her hand on his shoulder and started fluttering her mascarra filled eyelashes at him.

"You act like there's a shortage in boy toys that you can't go play around with" I said as she turned her attention from Jay to me so she could glare at me evily.

Then she turned to Jay rubbing his arm as she said " Anyways...if you ever feel like doing anything you know you could always give me a call "

" Umm...yea okay"

Megan then walked away flanting her curved waist and bright red hair. She had a nasty habit of rocking her hips way to much when she walked. She was the sluttiest and most popular girl in school. And I can imagine she wasn't used to being rejected.

I rolled my eyes as she walked away.

" Red heads...more like Dread heads" I muttered to Jay.

He smiled at me and we hurried to class.