Chapter 4

After Jay dropped me off I hurried and snuck into my room, before my annoying sister chased after to me trying to blame me for whatever it is "I did this time".

Luckily, I got in before she saw me. 

I jumped into bed and scratched an itch on my upper back I'd had all day.

Then I tiptoed into the kitchen to get a soda. But this time I wasn't so lucky, my mom caught me just before I fled the kitchen.

"So how was your first day?"

I turned around to her and opened my can of soda to have a sip.

"It was okay."

"Did you like your teachers?"

"They're okay but really they're just like any other teachers I've had before mom."

"Well your just getting so grown up an-"

"Yea, I know, I know, 'your getting so old and I just want you to know you'll always be my baby'..I get it, I've heard it a million times mom."

My mom just smiled and raised an eyebrow and simply said "So then you know how true it is."

I rolled my eyes and smiled and said "Yea I know." Then I walked away into my safe haven.

Once my door was closed I sat in bed and turned on the t.v to "The Vampire Diaries". And thought, God why does Damon have to be so hot! After fawning over how lucky Elena was and finishing my soda I decided that I should hit the shower.

The hot water felt so good as it trickled over me. The steam allowed me to clear my mind and relax.

When my fingers turned into prunes I hopped out and put on comfortable pj's.

Scratching my back I plopped down on my bed and tangled myself in my covers then watched t.v til' I fell asleep...... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I was running over pebbles and large rocks. I didn't know what I was doing but I felt something in me...hope? I could hardly feel the ground beneath me anymore. Then all of a sudden I was falling...at first I didn't notice but then I felt my stomach turn and wind whipping at my face.

My heart raced faster and faster. When I could see the ground again I figured it wasn't a good sign and I closed my eyes tightly when I was a good 20ft. from the ground then I waited helplessly for the hard ground to slam into my bones ... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Raven!"

My eyes tore open and I jumped at the sound my moms voice.

"Raven, get up and get ready!"

I groaned. When I got up I scratched my back, went to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom to fix my bed when I saw that there was a small white feather laying on top of it.

I picked it up so I could look at it more closely. The feather was lined with sparkly silver so that it looked as if there were stars melted into it. 

It was beautiful...

"Raven hurry up or you'll be late for school."

I put the feather gently down on my desk. Then I hurried to get dressed. I put on a white oversized top with sparkly wings designed on the back and a pair of black skinnies with white and sparkling grey sperries to match.

After I straightened my hair I flew down the stairs and out the door.