Chapter 3

Megans sparkly nails shined as she put her hand on Jay's shoulder. 

Seriously what is with this girl and the touchy feely.

"Hey, Jay did you hear about the dance next friday night?" 

"Hey Megan, yeah I heard about it." 

"Yeah, so I was wondering if you wanted to go, because me and the girls are taking a limo and we have room for you. Of course there's only ONE extra seat" 

She through daggers out of her eyes, at me specifically, as she spat out that last sentence. I rolled my eyes at her, but then I backed off and looked at Jay when I realized he hadn't reject her yet.

Jay never said he didn't like Megan out loud he just said that she was mean. Besides I'd hope that I'd be the one to go with him to the dance if we even were up to it. Then Jay's voice pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Uhh...I'm sorry Megan, but I kinda already have plans."

"Oh, well remember I'm always free for you, you know where to find me."

God, she sounded like a prostitute. I could tell she was being extra sleezy to cover the fact that she was just rejected.

Megan's face was completely and utterly confused as she walked away. It made made me want to laugh myself to tears. Guess we all handle rejection differently.

Still I was relieved at his answer the thought of Jay and Megan, of all people, together made me want to hurl. 

After Megan left we sipped our smoothies and ate our food without saying a word. I wondered what plans he had next friday and I was curious why I didnt know the answer already.

Jay finally broke the silence when he asked how first period went, since he was with me the rest of the periods.

I sighed not wanting to say what Megan and the wanna be's told me in class.

Of course there was a chance that Jay wouldn't notice me talking around the whole confrontation...hmm...that chance.

I told him that the class was boring as hell and I just wanted it to end. Which was slightly true, I mean it was boring, and I did want it to end, more importantly so I could get the hell out of there, away from Megan. 

I chewed on some fries trying to act casual but no, Jay knew I wasn't telling him something. I really didn't want to tell him about it.

I think the thing I'm most afraid of is to find out that they were telling the truth. That maybe Jay would leave me but I didn't want him to.

Even though we weren't together and had never thought about it, I'd like to think that I meant something to him. He's been in my life so long I can't have him walk out on me now. 

I didn't want another person to walk out of my life, I wouldn't be able to handle it this time.

"Raven." He pressed.

"Yes..."

"What's wrong, what happened in first period?"

"Mm... Nothing"

"Come on tell me."

"Well...it's just you know, Megan's just really dumb."

Or she's just saying my greatest fears out loud, and I can't help but deny them.

"What'd she do?"

"She umm...basically, she said I should've liked having you around because this year your going to dump me like yesterday's trash."

I gasped for air because I rambled it all out. While Jay just looked at me and then to the ground.

I felt hot and whoozy. I didn't want it to be true but God please let him say something, anything!

Jay payed for the food then he got up and walked to his truck as I followed. He looked, actually kind of mad.

I finally spoke up when we got in the truck.

"Are you mad at me, I'm sorry I didn't mean to get you upset, I shouldn't have said anything."

He turned to me.

"Why are you sorry, you have nothing to be sorry for, okay. "

I nodded.

"Now I want you to listen to me carefully, I would never abandon you and I would never want to hurt you. You have gone through enough pain and abandonment than I would prefer. I hope you know that, and if you don't, now you do so don't worry about that." 

"Okay."

Jay drove me home. I was so glad that Jay wouldn't want to leave or hurt me.

Once we got to my driveway I got out of his truck but stood at the window.

"Hey, Jay."

"Yea?"

"Thanks for being there for me."

"It's my pleasure."

I smiled at him, then he smiled back and pulled out of the driveway when I was safely in the doorway.

*~*~*~* Author's Note *~*~*~*

So,Sooo, Sorry for the late update. But hope you enjoy and I promise more interesting stuff will be coming up soon...