17۞

Y/N's POV

"took you long enough babe." he said. "don't call me that! It makes me quite uncomfy-" I stated and looked down at my shoes. "why? You should be more comfortable with me since we're getting engaged soon."

"yeah... Wait what?!?! What do you mean?!" I shouted which made the people in the store look at us, I bowed and muttered a sorry in embarrassment.

"shush, you're embarrassing me Y/N. Learn some manners will you?" he said in an obvious rude tone. "yeah yeah, but what the fuck do you meant by engagement or whatever?!" I whisper-shouted at him.

"what? Don't tell me your father haven't told you yet." Hyunjin said as his hand was swang up to his face in shock.

Haechan's POV

"but mom and dad! Can you just listen to me, Y/N is still young! Just arrange me instead of her please!" I cried out to my parents, trying to convince them to atleast understand me.

"I know that you care for your sister but it's needed, this has been settled years ago Lee Donghyuck.. And you won't be CEO unless she's married." my father stated. "but dad-", "no buts.. Go to your room!"

I sighed and stood up and walked out the room. It's hard convincing such parents, all they care is about business and it sucks.

'Hwang Hyunjin is the only child of theirs... So it must be Y/N.'

'this is for the sake of our company.'

'you don't want to live in the streets don't you?'

I ruffled my hair as I jump on my bed. I'm utterly frustrated about this shit... I don't want my sister to get married to someone she doesn't even know that much...

Epic flashback

"Haechannie~ when do you think my Prince charming will come? Is it some of my friends or... Is it Huang Renjun or- wait no no no!" Y/N tried to deny the last part she said.

"ooh~ so you have a crush?!?!", "no no oppa, it's not like that you idiot!" she continued on denying. "hehe, you can tell me you know.. I'm trustworthy." I said with confidence.

I sighed as I remembered the conversation that mom and dad had earlier... That Y/N will be set in an arranged marriage.. I need to stop them, I don't want to see Y/N's happiness vanish to thin air.

End of epic flashback

I went to the balcony and screamed in agony as the memories rushed in. "I'm the worst brother ever! I can't even do anything! I barely have power against them! I'm sorry sis..."

Y/N's POV

Me and Hyunjin are currently at his car right now on our way to my house.. He said that my dad called and that our families have something important to discuss.

I was still shocked about the engagement shit he told me earlier.. I mean who wouldn't be shocked knowing that you're set in an arranged marriage you don't even agree with?

We soon have finally arrived at my house. Hyunjin the gentleman he is, opened the door for me.

I quickly walked inside the mansion, "mom.. Dad.." I said voice barely heard as tears fill my eyes. Why? I don't know why the fuck am I feeling like this.

"you both may sit." mom said as she took a sip from her cup of tea. I obeyed and Hyunjin sat beside me, his legs crossed.. I'm getting sassy vibes from this man to be honest-

I looked at Haechan and saw his head down, he seemed to be in a bad mood today compared to the other days. "so, after graduation.. Haechan will be the new CEO of our company.." dad started.

"and for Hyunjin and Y/N.. You both will get married after graduation.." mom said, looking at both of us with those dark emotionless orbs.

"but... I don't want to... I barely even know him!" I protested, the tears that I've been trying to hold finally rushing down my cheeks like waterfall. I looked at Haechan once again, I saw him mouthed a 'I'm sorry.' to me.

"this arranged marriage has been planned years ago, don't ruin it just because of your own feelings." Dad said trying to maintain his calm.

"but my feelings matter here dad! They say... When your gonna choose someone you wanna spend your life with, you gotta choose wisely.. And it must be someone you LOVE!" I stopped as I felt a slap on my face.

"you're going to get married whether you like it or not Lee Y/N. End of discussion." mom scolded. "but-", "you're just like your brother.. Stop being a nuisance and just listen!" dad said cutting me off.

I glared at them one last time and stomped back to my room.

3rd person's POV

"I apologise for the scene y'all just witnessed, and I'm deeply sorry for my daughter's behaviour today.. She's not usually like that.." Y/N's mother said to Hyunjin's parents.

"oh yeah, no worries.. She just must be shocked like any other person." Mrs. Hwang said while giving her a genuine smile.

They all looked up in unison as Haechan walked out too, most probably going to comfort his sister.

Y/N's POV

I heard a knock on my door, I said "come in" in a low tone. The door opened revealing my brother. "oppa..."

Haechan's eyes widened, "it's been long since you called me that- but anyways, I'm sorry... I tried to talk it out to them but-" I cut him off as I ran into him engulfing him in a genuine sibling hug.

"you don't need to apologise for anything, I know you tried and I tried.. Ugh, life's a shit." I said as the tears continue on falling from my eyes.

I heard a sob coming from Haechan obviously. "hey..why are you crying? You should be happy that your gonna be a CEO soon!" I said giving him a sad smile. "you don't have to get married Y/N if you don't want to.." he said voice breaking.

"I'll have to get married for our family..." I sobbed. "but you like Renjun and not him!" Haechan said in a quite loud tone. "shush! They might hear you!" I scolded, and he muttered a short "sorry".

"but maybe, I can atleast try you know.. Maybe Hyunjin is a good guy after all." I said as I tightened the hug. "yeah.. If you say so.."

🤡