Y/N's POV

"Y/N!" I heard someone call me from behind.

I turned around and saw Renjun his hands on his knees whilst breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry I'm late..." he said looking at me apologetically. "it's okay.." I said pulling out a fake smile. "Let's go inside, shall we?" he said grabbing my hand. "sure." and we went inside.

After a couple minutes of choosing a promise ring, we finally found a perfect pair.

It was two metallic silver rings that has a heart and the words 'I love you' on it

Renjun's POV

We chose a pair that has the word 'I love you' on it... I kinda don't like it but it's the only one in the shop that we both agreed on. It didn't even match us, I'm not even sure if she even likes me but whatever.. I like Yumi not her.

Y/N's POV

When we finally got it we went to the outside part of the mall which has a beautiful fountain.

We sat at the bench and eternal silence entered the atmosphere.

Renjun stand up and kneeled in front of me... He opened the box which has our rings in it.

He get the ring and put it on my ring finger while sighing.

I felt butterflies in my stomach... Even though we're doing this for years now it still feels surreal...

I get the other ring and put it on his hand, after putting it on his he sat back down on the bench.

3rd person's POV

Eternal silence once again entered the atmosphere... Both of the teenagers were both in deep thoughts.

Y/N's POV

Why are we even still doing this? I already know that he doesn't like me back, and I also already know that he broke the promise that both of us made when we were younger.

Well the so called 'promise' is mostly planned by him. But he was the one who first gave up in keeping this promise... While me the other hand who foolishly thinks this promise would last eternally... Keeps on going.

It's like he was the one who first got out of the seesaw but he was the one who asked me to play with him in the first place...

Have he already forgotten what was in that notebook? What he wrote there?

But who am I to control him? Who am I to control his feelings for Yumi? I'm just his friend... And I can't change the fact that We are just friends nothing more.

Renjun's POV

Why did I even made that stupid promise back then? Ugh, I forgot the reason.