Chapter 24

Two Months Later

Kinsley's Loungewear (I just love clothing)!

**(Edited)**

Kinsley's POV

Savannah's in my arms asleep as I hold her head. I'm tired, it's been a long week, and most of all, I'm just upset right now. Dixon's been really focused on his job and getting a promotion, not that I'm angry, but I don't get to see him often. But then again, he was also the one person that helped me every night with Savannah and she's a handful that I can barely handle by myself. The only time I see Dixon, he's working or going to work. And I miss him more and more when I think about it.

I grab her softly standing up from the couch and make my way to our bedroom as I find my laptop. I've been slacking at work recently and I have to stop it, the companies not hurting but I feel like I'm not contributing and I don't like it. So I'm doing the only think I know to do, I'm working from home so I can stay with Savannah. She doesn't do good at the warehouse and I have come to find out that if she stays here, she takes her naps and I can do my work between them.

I set her down on the couch making my way back into the living room as Maddox sits next to her and lays down blocking her from the floor side. I always sit next to her anyway, but having him there makes it better. Busters busy sleeping on Dixon and I's bed, but Maddox, he's always next to Savannah.

I rub her back for a few minutes before I start working. I start ordering inventory and answering emails. What feels like three hours later I'm finished as Dixon opens the backdoor coming into the house. I cleaned the whole house with Savannah on my hip this morning, I cleaned, I put roast with potatoes in the Crockpot and I washed all the clothes. I've been a perfect housewife for weeks, and even though Dixon and I aren't married, I feel like I am.

"Hey" I tell him from the couch closing my laptop as he sets his backpack on the countertop next to the food pot plugged up. I close my laptop and set it on front of me on the coffee table. Maddox hops up and runs over to Dixon and loves on him as I check on Savannah who is still fully asleep as I walk over to him. Savannah is the perfect baby, she sleeps pretty good most of the time, and when she does it's nice for it to be quiet.

"Hey Kins" he tells me as he rubs Maddox's head and then steps towards me. I wrap my arms around his back as he pulls me into his chest and hugs me. He kisses my cheek making me smile as I rub my hands down his tattoos. It's a nice hug, a nice comforting hug with the man I love until I smell it. Flowers.

It's hard not to think of the worst thing possible when I smell him again and realize that it's not my imagination, he smells like flowers.

He pulls away as I look back at him. "How- How was your day?" I ask shuddering over my words as I hold my emotions back.

"Good." He tells me walking off past me as he pulls his shirt with the school he teaches at footballs team on it. He always wears football shirts to work since he can, and he loves it. He walks past me without even kissing me as he disappears to Savannah. He kisses her head and rubs her butt before he walks off to the bedroom and closes the door behind him disappearing.