The stork in the storm pt. 3

I rearranged the story a bit since the second part was so long, hope you enjoy!

Ship: Nellis (Nick x Ellis)

Warnings: birth complications (mildly explicit),  light misgendering (only, like, one line), a transphobe, coming out as trans, chestfeeding, and some misc. medical stuff that I'm not gonna list here

~~~

Rochelle wrapped what remained in the pots and trays up. She grabbed the plates she'd made for Nick and Ellis, putting them into microwaves. Ro left them there, hurrying through the mess hall, into the foyer, and up to the radio room. Coach was sitting at the radio, chatting with Tony when she entered. She creeped behind him, silent as possible, as they discussed guacamole.

Ro slammed her hands on to Coach's shoulders, making him jump a foot, screaming. She backed up, clutching her stomach as she cackled. Tony panicked for a moment before laughing along. Coach swung his head between her and the mic, appalled the malice on both ends.

Coach huffed, "What the hell is wrong with you, girl?"

Rochelle snorted, "I couldn't help myself."

"Did you hear yourself, bud?" Tony asked, "I thought it was Rochelle for a good minute."

Coach shook his head, "Shut up, both of you."

Rochelle wiped her eyes, "Tony, do you know where you're gonna land?"

"Yeah, youse guys said you had access to that courtyard, right? Well, the space is plenty big enough for us to land so you ain't gonna have to walk far."

"Alright," Coach replied, "How far are y'all now?"

Another voice, almost indecipherable, replied and Tony backed him up, "Frank says we got 25 minutes to go. Clouds are heavy where we is so the lights are obscured."

"Take your time," Rochelle told him, "We're going to find the rest of our team so you might not hear from us for a bit."

Frank spoke again, Tony relaying his question, "Frank asked what kinda radio you have."

"Uh," Coach checked the machine, "A Cobra 1000 CB."

Frank spoke again and Tony laughed, "Good news, that thing's portable! Frank says he used to take his on road trips. Youse just gotta unplug it and then plug it back in, nothing big."

"Holy shit, thanks Frank! We'll call you back once we get our teammates and assess if we need any medical assistance," Rochelle said with new energy in her blood.

"Alright take care you two," Tony replied before hanging up.

Coach stood, unplugging the machine and wrapping the mic and cord together, "Ro, go heat up their food, I'll be waiting by the door."

She ran downstairs, skipping the last five steps, and into the kitchen. Ro heated the food up before sprinting back to the storage closet, covered tupperware in hand. Coach stood by the door and gestured for her to go first.

Rochelle took a tentative step out, head swinging both ways before bringing her other foot into the snow. The snowfall had stopped, as had the wind. Clouds still hung but they were beginning to clear. Rochelle could see the large lumps that remained of the tanks and various other specials, buried under a small layer of snow. She almost felt bad for them.

Coach walked up, nudging her arm, "Don't worry about them, Ro. Let's focus on our friends."

Rochelle nodded, taking a deep breath before continuing forward. After a few minutes of walking, and Coach stumbling over a Charger, they found C. They entered the check in area, finding no one. They called on the intercom for the whole building, still finding no response.