t h e s m a l l g u y

Sang pushed the doors open, creating a loud echoing thud. I stood hidden behind her proud figure. I peered through her outstretched arms, only to find a volleyball spiraling to my face. Sang saw it coming and quickly ducked leaving me as a standing target.

I felt the ball slam into my forehead, I fell back at the force of the ball. I groaned as I rubbed my face in pain. Sang quickly ran to me, and started to help me up.

"I'm, so sorry" Sang bowed down.

"No, it's fine. I should have been the one to block the ball" I chuckled, she lifted her head grimacing.

"I'm still sorry" She declared pouting, making me smile.

Sang grabbed my arm, and dragged me to a bench, unaware of the many eyes staring at the two of us. I started sweating uncomfortably at all the gazes. She pushed me down onto the bench, next to her grinning.

"Well, this is the Volleyball team!" She declared. I looked at her, forcing myself not to look at the burning gazes. 

"What? Where I don't see anyone." I laughed nervously, looking at a wall. She sighed, slapping her hands onto her face.

"Silly, it's over there. Our team is the one wearing red jerseys" She put both hands on my face and turned my face over to the court. 

I already knew.

I sent her a harmless glare, but she didn't even consider it. I slowly turned my head toward the court, but to my surprise, no one was looking at us. A few minutes passed, with me watching a volleyball bounce. I observed quietly feeling a little sleepy, considering I always ended up getting lost before I came home

I was about to take a small nap when the sudden screech of shoes sounded making me snap my head up. I watched with wide eyes as an oddly familiar boy flew up and the ball ended up on our team's side. I bit my lips when I noticed the boy's hair, no one seemed to care, they just carried on hooting and laughing. I subconsciously reached over to pick at a stray strand. My eyes widened when I saw that I forgot to put on some hair dye. My head shrunk down, my eyes focusing on my sneakers.

Damn it, I forgot to put in my hair dye. No wonder I was earning stares.

I knew my anxiety was creeping in when I started fidgeting with my fingers. The skin loosely fitted around my nails. I was so focused I didn't notice the person in front of me.

"Natsu" A questioning voice rang, my head shot up. 

I soon came face to face to the small boy with orange hair staring at me with wide eyes.

How does he know my name?

I'm really sorry for the short chapter, considering the fact I haven't updated it in a while. Thank you for reading and again I'm sorry!

- YellowIsMyNewHappy