001.5

Chapter 1 Part 2:

「Ryomen Sukuna」

"I think you had a proper death, grandpa, but..." Yuji thought, falling down and punching the curse, causing it to let go of his friends. "This death is wrong!" His two senpais had jumped off as the teen grabbed the white-haired girl, noting that they were fast asleep and making sure not to wake them up. "She didn't get much sleep today, sleep well Y/n"

The curse turned to face Yuji, who returned the curse's gaze. "So this is a curse? That's not what I expected."

The curse had been cut in half. Fushiguro's two dogs ran towards the falling dismembered parts and ate it. Before waking up and standing, Y/n had shifted slightly.

"I want to ask what you're doing here, but good job. Why so haughty?"

"By the way, what's that munching on the curse?" Yuji inquired as he surveyed the two dogs.

The black-haired male cast a sidelong glance at the dogs. "My shikigami. You can see them, then?" "Normally, a curse can't be seen, unless you're on the verge of death or in a special place like this."

"Yeah that makes sense. I've never seen a ghost or anything before tonight." The teen then looked at the girl. "What about you Y/n-chan?" The said girl only shook their head.

Y/n POV

I've never heard or seen anything about 'curses'.... Until now, that is. And demons, as far as I know, can be seen with the naked eye. Is there a connection between demons and curses? No. This curses can't even speak properly!

3rd POV

"You're not scared are you?" 

"Well, I was scared for a bit. But did you know? People can really die?"

"Huh?"

"So I at least want the people I know to have proper deaths. Not that I really get it myself." Yuji looked at the object that was on his hold. "This is it?"

"Yeah. That's a special grade cursed object, Ryoumen Sukuna's finger. It's a miracle it didn't get swallowed."

"Why would anything eat it? Does it taste good?"

"Don't be stupid. You'd do it to gain stronger cursed energy." He held out his hand in front of Yuji. "It's dangerous, so hand it over already."

"Sure, sure"

As he was about to hand it over, a curse appeared above them. Fushiguro had pushed Y/n as he was closest to them as the girl grabbed their bestfriend's arm to pull him away. 

"Run!"

The girl's eyes widen as they saw the said male being held by the curse. 

"Fushiguro!"

"Nue!" Fushiguro yelled, but he was thrown against the wall. Y/n had released Yuji and dashed towards the curse, landing a kick on its side. The girl was about to flee when they were stopped by the curse and thrown into the wall next to Fushiguro.

"Y/n!!"

The female let out a groan, certain that their back would bleed as a result of the impact. The curse was about to run towards the two, but Yuji stopped it before it could get any closer. The cursed item was no longer in his possession.

"Why can't you understand how to run?" asked the black-haired man as he walked through the hole.

"And leave you there?! Y/n is in trouble as well! I need to help!" Yuji grabbed the curse and dragged it through the cement. While doing so, he came across the cursed object and picked it up.