002

Chapter 2:

「For Yourself」

<Present>

"With that, allow me to say it once more. You're being executed."

"The recap and current events don't line up, though."

"Hey, I did my best. The execution's still on, but I got your sentence suspended."

"Suspended? So you're not killing me right away?"

"Yup." The white-haired man said this while grabbing Sukuna's finger. "This is the same as the cursed object you ate. There are twenty in total. We posses six of them."

"Twenty? Oh, each finger and toe?"

"No. Sukuna has four arms." He threw up his finger and released some kind of pressure, causing the finger to fly to the wall.

"As you can see, we can't destroy them. The curse is just as powerful. The curse grows stronger by the day, and seals of modern-day jujutsu sorcerers can't keep up. That's where you come in."

Gojo pointed a finger at Yuji. "When you die, the curse inside you will die as well. Our elders are cowards, you know. They're demanding we kill you right away. But that would be a waste wouldn't it?"

"A waste?"

"There's no guarantee another verssel capable of handling Sukuna will ever be born again. So this is what I proposed. If we're going to kill you anyways, who not kill you after you've absorbed all of Sukuna? The higher ups agreed. So now you have two options before you. You can die right now, leaving your dear friend behind, or you can find all the part of Sukuna and die after you've absorbed them."

<Sugisawa Hospital>

"Itadori. Y/n." Sasaki stated once the two walking inside.

"How's Iguchi-senpai doing?"

"The doctor's said he's fine, but he hasn't regained consciousness. It's all my fault. If I hadn't asked him to come to school that night." Sasaki stated as she looked down, tears streaming down her dark blue eyes. The white-haired girl approached her and placed their hand on the older woman's shoulder. When Sasaki looked over, she noticed Y/n smiling with their eyes closed. "Not.. your fault. Tell those doctors to stop sugarcoating Iguchi-senpai's condition!" The older lady chuckled and gave her a small nod. The pink-haired adolescent walked over the two, ruffling Y/n's hair. 

"I know you won't believe this, but this weird monster attacked us, and I was captured too.."

"We believe you. Those weren't monsters. They were curses. That finger was a special grade cursed object. It had the power to draw other curses to it and make them stronger. So it wasn't your fault, it was mine for picking it up."

Sasaki looked over Yuji.

"Sorry. It'll be alright, though. Someone capable of fixing Iguchi-senpai will be here tomorrow."

"Itadori?"

"Sorry senpai. There's somewhere we need to go. Let's go Y/n" Yuji stated as he walked towards the door, Y/n following him. They both waved their hands. "Bye-bye."

----------------

"Who passed away?"

"My grandpa. Although he was like a father."

"I see. Sorry it happened at a time like that. So have you decided what you want to do?"

"As casualties like these from curses pretty common?"