Ch.1: Discoveries

(A/N: Before starting the story, I just wanted to say that the cover is by dearlyroyal
Otherwise, I really hope you enjoy reading this story!)

Your POV

Swellview seemed like the perfect place for safety, at least that's what I thought after watching a video about it. When I moved to Swellview, I realized I was wrong. I suppose no town is safe for me because someone is always after me for my abilities. Maybe this town isn't scary, but for me, every town always will be. That's why I don't have any friends. It's not because I don't like company, or because people don't want to be friends with me; it's because I don't want to put anyone in danger. Sometimes, though, I can't control myself because I ended up making friends with Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper at the school I attend: Swellview High.

Jasper was an enthusiastic teenage boy; he always seems to be happy and full of energy. Charlotte was intelligent; she would always ace her tests and figure out anything difficult to understand. Henry, on the other hand, was cute. He had dirty blonde hair and a smile that could make anyone's day. He and his friends were a lot of fun to be around, but I knew that being friends with them would put their lives in danger.

-

School was very boring today, but that's not new. Henry, Charlotte, Jasper, and I decided to meet up at Swellview park to hang out and just have fun. We also thought we should meet up at Henry's house to finish our homework first.

Henry's house was beautiful. It was my first time there and I absolutely loved it. His room was sick! I loved its design and all the posters he hung up.

"So, Y/n," Charlotte began, "It's your first time here, huh?"

"Yeah, this place is sick," I replied.

"Thanks," Henry smiled.

I took a seat on his couch in his room an took out my books. As we began with our history homework, Henry's watch started beeping.

"Just a second," he blurted, then dashed out of the room.

"Well that was strange," I piped in.

"Yeah," Charlotte chuckled nervously. "Be right back!" Charlotte also ran out of the room, leaving Jasper and I in the room. I managed to hear Henry say,

"Nothing. It's just Ray being Ray. There isn't an emergency."

"Who's Ray?" I thought aloud as Charlotte and Henry entered the room.

"Uhh," Henry stuttered nervously. "He's-"

"He's our boss at Junk 'N' Stuff," Jasper yelled abruptly.

"You guys have a job? How come you never told me?"

"I suppose we forgot to mention it," Charlotte explained. That does make sense.

"Anyways, back to our history homework," I reminded.

-

When we finished all our homework, we headed to Swellview park. It was almost empty, which I found kind of strange. We just walked around, talking about whatever came to our heads, when Jasper suggested getting ice cream. Henry and I stayed behind as Jasper and Charlotte looked for an ice cream cart. Things were fine until I started to feel like we were being followed.

"So, do you prefer Vanilla or Chocolate?" I asked loudly. Henry looked confused at this question because he's already told me what he prefers.

"Vanilla, obviously."

I slightly turned my head to look back. From the corner of my eye, I spotted a large man walking towards us, hiding when he saw me catch a glimpse of him. I knew this would happen. Great, now Henry is in danger, and it's all my fault.