Ch.6: Powers?

Charlotte had to put on a disguise in order to help save Mind Strike with Kid Danger and Captain Man. Therefore, she blew one of Henry's bubbles and transformed into Kid Danger for the second time in her life. Henry, Ray, and Charlotte took the Man Van all the way to the traced location of the Wiz Watch with Schwoz's help. They stopped in the middle of the abandoned road and quickly got out of their van. All three of them began searching for the watch and any signs of Mind Strike.

"I don't see her watch anywhere," Henry panicked.

"Don't worry, Hen," Charlotte assured, "We'll find her. I promise."

"You guys!" Ray called, "Come over here."

Henry and Charlotte ran to the side of the road where Captain Man was standing.

"Aren't those pieces of the Wiz Watch?" Ray asked the two.

"Yeah," Henry replied with downcast eyes.

"It must've been thrown at high speed to result in this kind of damage," Charlotte analyzed.

"So maybe they were in a car!" Ray suggested.

"Yeah, but where are they now?" Henry asked, still as worried as he was.

"Mind Strike?!" Charlotte yelled in question, facing away from Henry.

"Yeah, that's who I'm talking about-" Henry cut himself off once he spun around and traced Charlotte's eyesight. "Mind Strike!"

Henry, who was still in his Kid Danger costume, ran up to Y/n with all his might. She was walking weakly, as if she was dizzy and exhausted. Once Henry got to her, he pulled her into his embrace.

"Hey," she weakly smiled.

"Y/n-Mind Strike, are you alright?"

"Not really," she replied as Henry helped her walk back to where Charlotte and Ray were standing.

"Let's get her into the Man Van," Ray ordered.

"What happened?" Charlotte asked once they were all in the van.

"I don't really want to talk about it," she replied, looking at the ground.

Henry's heart sank, but he said, "Well I'm just glad you're okay."

"Me too," Charlotte added.

Y/n smiled at Charlotte before resting her head onto Henry's shoulder and allowing one tear to escape her eye. No one spoke for the rest of the trip, and Y/n fell asleep.

-

"Don't wake her up," Henry whispered. They had finally made it back to Junk 'N' Stuff and parked the Man Van. They took the tubes down to the Man Cave and, somehow, Y/n managed to stay asleep.

Henry supported her body once the tube went up and held her body over to the table Schwoz had prepared. He was going to check her for any injuries or problems.

"Vat happened?" Schwoz asked.

"We don't know," Charlotte replied as Schwoz waved the scanner over Y/n's body. Ray then added,

"She wasn't ready to share what happened."

There was an uncomfortable silence before Schwoz broke it with a loud gasp.

"What?!"

"What what what?!!"

"Schwoz what's going on?!" Ray yelled.

Schwoz stuttered, "Y/n. She-she lost her powers."

-

Your POV

I woke up to the sound of numerous gaps. Bright light pierced my eyes. It took me a while to realize that I was in the Man Cave.

"Shhh!" Schwoz shushed. "She's waking up."

"I'm already awake, Schwoz," I piped in as I sat up. I winced a little bit at the pain that came, but it soon went away. My statement was followed by Henry's yelp, Charlotte's severe surprise, and both Schwoz's and Ray's jumps.

"Guys, what's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything's okay," Henry clearly lied, "Right Charlotte?"

"Yeaaahh."

"Ray? Maybe you'll tell the truth?" I asked hopefully.

"I gotta go...comb the pig's hair!" He made up and ran out of sight. Great.

"Someone please tell me what's going on. Hen?"

Henry sighed before saying, "Alright. Charlotte, Schwoz, would you mind leaving us alone?"

Charlotte shook her head with a sympathetic smile and walked out of sight, along with Schwoz.

Henry took a seat next to me on the bed. He sighed deeply once more and began,

"Y/n. Your powers-they're gone."

My lip shook slightly as I tried to hold in my tears, but it was too difficult.

"I know," I breathed as tears began to stream down my face.

"No," Henry said sadly, "Don't cry." He lifted his hand and used a finger to wipe off one of my tears. I don't know what I'd do without him. I giggled through sniffles,

"Yeah. You're right, and it's about time I told you what happened."

"Only if you're ready," he assured.

"I'm ready," I smiled, but deep down, I was hurt...

"...once I was in the car, my dad starting ignoring me and taking the wrong turns. He soon broke, after all my nagging, and told me he wanted to train me to destroy you and Ray. I completely disagreed, but when I tried to leave the car, my father started using his powers against me. Eventually, he figured out that he was no match for me as long as I had my powers, so he took them away." I took a deep breath for I was in pain sharing this.

"Y/n. I'm so sorry," Henry mumbled as he held my hand in both of his.

"It's not your fault," I sighed. I took another breath before I continued. "I blacked out in the car, and woke up in a dark basement. Seconds later, I remembered everything. No one was around so I thought I'd make a run for it. However, I wanted to see if Dr. Vex really managed to take away my powers. I focused all my energy on the black glass window in the basement, but nothing happened. I didn't have time to be sad, so I just ran. I was stopped by Dr. Vex, though. He held me tight by my arm and wouldn't let go. I kicked him really hard and ran away. I ran and I didn't stop. I suppose he was in too much pain to try and stop me with his powers or any other way. I ran and ran and ran, until I found you."

Henry looked overwhelmed. Instead of saying anything, he got off his chair and hugged me. He hugged me, not letting go, and I hugged him back. Again, my tears fell, but nothing was going to stop them this time.

"You'll be alright, Y/n. We'll get your dad," Henry assured. He took my hand and looked deep into my teary eyes. "He's a whole new villain, but we're a whole new team."