Ch.7: Tears

Your POV

After talking to Henry at the Man Cave, I walked myself home. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts. Once I got home, I didn't even take my clothes off. I threw myself onto my bed and tears began to stream down my face. Not too long after, I fell sound asleep.

"Turn right," I instructed. He didn't reply. "You just missed the turn." He ignored me again. I began getting worried, "What's going on?"

"I'm taking you home."

"But you just missed the turn and you're ignoring me."

"Not that home. Your real home. The home where you'll learn that being on my side is better than being on Captain Man's and Kid Danger's."

"What are you talking about?!"

"I'm talking about how you'll assist me in destroying Captain Man and his sidekick."

"You wish. I'm leaving."

"Well I'm not stopping the car."

"Did you forget that I inherited powers?"

"No, but did you know that I did too?"

Then, he lifted one arm and turned it back, pointing at me. I felt a force on my shoulders, and realized that I was now tied to the seat, somehow. My watch then beeped, but I wish it hadn't. Dr. Vex used his powers to pull it off my wrist and throw it out of the window of the moving car.

"You'll have to do better than that," I scoffed. I used my own powers to throw the ropes off of me.

"How about..." Dr. Vex began. He stopped the car and, suddenly, I couldn't move. "How about I take your powers?"

"Take my what?!"

"I gave them to you for powerful use, and here you are, using them to save some filthy Swellview citizens."

"Filthy?! They're more worthy of my saving than you ever were!"

Dr. Vex's breathing got heavy, and then, I felt as if my soul was being sucked out of my body. In midst of all the pain and confusion, I fell unconscious.

I woke up, gasping for air. I could feel my sweat all over my body and my heart felt like it was thumping out of my chest.

"Y/n?" I heard a voice call.

"Charlotte?" I questioned, getting out of bed. I walked over to the light switch and turned the lights on. "How'd you get in? The door's locked."

"I picked the lock," she replied.

"I guess I should improve my security system, then," I giggled as I invited her to take a seat on my couch and offered her some orange juice. She refused, so we just sat on the couch.

"Are you alright? I mean, I saw you wake up startled."

"It's nothing. Just a bad dream...What brings you here?"

"Oh. I just couldn't sleep, thinking of what you went through."

"Henry told you, then," I said, my eyes downcast.

"Yeah. I-I'm so sorry, Y/n."

"Thanks," I sighed as I laid my head back on the couch. I was tired, but sleep was something I really didn't want any of.

Charlotte took a look at my small, one-room house and complimented, "Nice place."

"Thanks. I know it's just one room where I fit everything, but it's home. I'm thinking of moving, though, now that I have an income from my job with Captain Man and Kid Danger."