Ch.4: No Way

Your POV

It's been a few months since I became a superhero. Being Mind Strike and fighting alongside Kid Danger and Captain Man has been one wild experience, filled with countless adventures. Henry and I were becoming closer than ever. Everything was going fine; it was going perfect, in fact, until one day, someone decided to show up.

Ray, Henry, Charlotte, Jasper, and I were down in the Man Cave, seated on the mobile couch, watching some Dog Judge. Henry got hungry and asked,

"Hey, Y/n, do you want anything from the Auto-Snacker?"

"Sure," I replied, "Get me a huge bucket of popcorn."

He smiled at me and I took that as a 'yes'. He began walking to the Auto-Snacker when Charlotte stopped him by asking sarcastically,

"And what if I wanted something?"

"Yeah, Henry," Jasper added.

"Hmmm. Let me see. Oh! You get your butt off the couch, walk yourself to the Auto-Snacker, and order whatever you want."

Charlotte glared at him, giving him that famous look of hers that made Henry's smile fade away. He quickly questioned, "You want something? I can get it for you."

I giggled at his petrified expression, and eventually, Charlotte was laughing too.

"Be quiet!" Ray yelled abruptly. "This dog judge is about to sentence this guy to 50 years in jail!"

"Oo!" Jasper exclaimed in reply. We all turned our attention to the drop-down TV and watched anxiously to see what's next.

Henry then returned with a huge bucket of popcorn, a small bowl of ice cream, and a burrito. He handed Charlotte the ice cream bowl, who's eyes lit up at the sight of the ice cream, took a bite of his burrito, and handed me the large bucket. I placed the bucket in my laps as Henry took a seat next to me. As I placed my hand into the sea of popcorn, I heard words I dreaded the most,

"Breaking News!"

Everyone groaned and whined about it, but we also listened intently to what Trent and Mary had to say.

"A new, unidentified villain has been going around Swellview and bombing every restaurant in town," Trent began to explain. Bombing? That's new. I could see all the confused and worried faces in the Man Cave, but they soon turned to annoyance when Mary asked,

"And who is this unidentified villain, Trent?" Her smile was wide but Trent seemed to have given up. He got off his chair and walked away. Mary looked confused, but then, the news shut off, and Dog Judge was back on. Seconds later, Charlotte turned off the TV and we all faced each other.

"Well bombing's new," I began.

"Yeah, but, where is this villain?" Charlotte asked.

"I don't know," Henry replied, his mouth full. Jasper then said something no body expected him to,

"I know where he is."

"Yeah, right," Ray teased.

"Someone posted a photo with a caption that says 'New, unidentified villain walking through Swellview Park'," Jasper explained. Surfing the net was pretty smart.

"Oh," I could hear Ray say in defeat.

"Then we're going to Swellview Park," I declared, ignoring Ray's 'mad-at-Jasper's-sudden-cleverness' look.

"Oh come on," Henry whined, "Can't we just stay here, watch some dog judge and eat our favorite snacks?"

"Maybe I should fire you and make Y/n my sidekick, instead," Ray thought aloud. Henry and I then quickly replied with a,

"No, thanks," at the same time. We shared a look and smiled at our simultaneous replies.

"You guys have to act quick," began Charlotte, "Or else the villain will leave Swellview Park."

"She's right. Let's blow a bubble and get a villain in trouble," I announced.

"Nice one," Ray smiled.

I smiled back as I placed a blue gumball in my mouth. I began to chew, and then, along with Henry and Ray, I blew a bubble. Seconds later, Henry, Ray, and I were dressed in our respective costumes. We ran up to the tubes, but there were only two.

"Ladies first," Henry smiled to me as he placed his hand out. I smiled back and walked onto the ground under one tube. Henry walked over to the other tube, and, after Henry had a short argument with Captain Man, we pressed our belt buckles. "Do you wanna call it?"

"Absolutely," I replied, "Up the tubes!"

-

Henry's POV

We got to Swellview Park, only to find it empty. I couldn't help but say,

"It looks almost-"

"Like that day," Y/n interrupted.

"What day? What are you guys talking about?" Ray asked.

"The day Y/n and I were chased by Bork. The park was empty and-"

"Henry didn't see this. In fact, no one but Bork did. I used my powers."

"You used your powers in public? With no mask?" Ray ranted.

"Oh give her a break, Ray. You sent Bork after her, remember?"

Ray glared at me and began walking ahead of us. Y/n and I followed close behind.

"Where was this 'unidentified' villain when Jasper showed you the photo, Char?" Y/n asked into her hidden wrist-microphone.

"Um, Kid Danger should know this," Charlotte began, "It was the place that he fought Drex when he got superpowers."

"Oh, I know that."

"Henry got superpowers?!"

"It's also where Henry fought the villain that spanked him."

We all said a bunch of things at the same time (one of which was annoying) that it was almost difficult to make out who said what. However, I knew exactly who said "It's also where Henry fought the villain that spanked him."

"Ray, you didn't have to mention that," I began.

"It's true," he teased. I could see Y/n laugh slightly and I felt very embarrassed.

"Y/n," I continued, trying to ignore Ray's comment, "Yeah, I did have powers-"

"But you lost them to some virus," a deep voice interrupted. It was neither Ray nor Y/n, but it was a masked man. I think he's the unidentified villain.

"You sound very familiar," Captain Man stated out of the blue.

"That's because you know me, Captain Man," the guy said. I could see Y/n's confused expression, even under her mask. We had no idea who that person was. "I see you've gotten two children now," the man continued. I almost laughed at Ray's shocked expression,

"Children?! You know I'm too young to have children!"

"This," Y/n began as she pointed towards me," Is Kid Danger, Captain Man's sidekick, and I'm Mind Strike, another crime fighter."

"Hmm. Mind Strike. Strange name," the man replied.

"Really? What's yours," she asked with sass in reply to his comment.

The man scoffed, "Only the most powerful and most intelligent villain known to mankind."

Those words rang a bell, but there's just no way it's who I think it is.

"And who might that be," Y/n scoffed back.

The man placed his hand on his mask, and, as he pulled it off, he smirked, "Dr. Vex."