The Truth - Part 9

Your brain seems to freeze, your heart skips a beat, you've wanted Jamie to kiss you for months, and now that he has you can't process what's happening. You sit there frozen in shock for only a moment before falling into the fountain.

The water is ice cold despite the warm afternoon, and you manage to fully submerged yourself in it.

Jamie jumps up in horror and pulls you out as quickly as he can, keeping a safe distance when you regain your footing.

"Did you not...was that...um. Sorry." It's the first time Jamie's actually stumbled on his words.

You're close to yelling at yourself, but stand there dripping wet taking forever to reply. "No Jamie that was...good like...yes but I...fell."

He comes closer again, using his sleeve to wipe some water off of your face. "I didn't know that you'd-"

This time you cut him off, kissing him back, he holds your waist as you sling your arms over his shoulders, melting into the kiss.

You both pull away, speechless, Jamie's smiling with so much warmth in his eyes it's as if he's finally at peace with himself. "You're freezing cold."

"Yeah! Woah okay," you drop your arms from his shoulders with a nervous smile,"coooolll."

He starts laughing and Vampy watches unamused. Jamie's smile is even more gorgeous than his eyes, and you find yourself practically drooling at him.

"You just fell into the fountain." He continues to laugh away, shaking his head.

"Yes Jamie I did, and I'm cold, goodbye."

"Wait y/n! The shoe thing, was it actually my shoes."

"I answered this!"

"Seriously."

You hesitate. "No, it's you that I like Partizan Partner."

He smiles even more, and you rush away, looking back at him once more in the golden sun.

Finally y/n, took you long enough.

————————————

When you end up back in the corridor that leads to your room you stare at Jamie's door beside yours, wondering what it looks like inside, you've only ever been in his room at the Maravish palace.

You shrug and shove open the door into your own room, the dark floorboards creak underneath your feet. A wide window at the end of the room is blocked by a large oak tree, sunlight peeking through its leaves and leaving the room in a warm glow. There's a wardrobe in the corner that matches the bed frame, a desk littered with notebooks and stationary, a cushioned stool next to it. Above the desk is a cork board with pictures of your friends pinned into it and fairy lights weaving around them.

You reach out and flick on the fairy lights, when one picture catches your eye. It's of you and Jamie in Japan, when the two of you had your first training session, he's holding you close to him, a smile tugging at his lips.

Of course you didn't know he was smiling at the time, because you were facing away, but the picture floods you with joy. A note sticks out that's pinned beneath it and you pluck it from the cork board, Lottie's loopy very-much-practised handwriting is scribbled onto it.

Thought you'd like this, totally wasn't spying on you two ;)
Lottie xxx

You smile at the note and pin it back in place, now approaching the trunk on your bed. It flops open and clothes tumble out, including Jamie's hoodie, you swing it over the hook behind your door. You then approach the window and push it open, leaning out into the cool air, when you look down at the base of the oak tree you see a mop of blonde hair, and a bloody mess of a girl holding a knife.