Chpt 20- Part II

Ace

"Ace me and the bros heading the court aight?"

"Lil man I know you can do better than that!"

"Shit my bad."

"You lucky yo mama ain't around she would've popped you in the mouth." I chuckled.

"Is it cool if I go to shoot some hoops with my guys? I'd be back before moms get home." He quickly added the last part knowing she wouldn't want his ass going nowhere for that stunt he pulled last week.

"Make it quick or we both dead lil nigga." I warned before he dashed out the crib.

I can't believe I'm really out here on daddy duties for a kid that ain't even my blood. Can't nobody ever say I don't love Karin crazy ass cause it nobody else I'd do this shit for for real and even she know it. Michael really did grow on me though, I practically raised the kid with Karin I been around since his deadbeat Paps dipped.
I ain't never been a deadbeat dad just a deadbeat nigga in my past relationship and it cost me my daughter. I ain't know when last I seen my babygirl. Shit, she probably forgot what her dad looks like and that shit hurt a nigga for real. All that could've been avoided if I had a better relationship with her moms. A nigga done made some fucc'd up mistakes in life but I look at Mike as my second chance at being a dad. I ain't perfect but imma always make sure little nigga straight fasho and can't nobody get to him. I'm raising him to be tough and handle his own because I ain't always gon be around and neither will his mom. I gotta make sure he grow up better than I did cause the last thing the world need is another Ace running around the streets. Nigga stay up with his grades and respectful to both Karin and I, then again he ain't really got a choice. He got a scary ass mama and a nigga like me gon have him screaming for Jesus if he even look at me the wrong way.

Kacey POV

"Well you looking well

"Well you looking well."

"Right?"

"Lost that baby weight quick as hell."

"You know me, I gots to. Gotta get to that bag."

"Heard ju."

"You got company Dave?" I asked seeing an unfamiliar car in his drive way.