introduction

❈ ════ •⊰❂⊱• ════ ❈

    Whispers of the lords and ladies filled the court as two soldiers dragged an old woman to the center of the room, the king and his queen gazing down below at her with eyes of contempt and disgust.

"Witch! Witch!" The crowd whispered. "Confess your sins!"

The woman met the king's eyes, "I am grisha! I will not betray my identity!"

The king's smile grew shrewd and let out a shout of glee, "Ah! So you confess! I shall demand an execution suitable for a witch at once! The crone shall be exterminated by fire!"

As the soldiers escorted the crone to her death she glared at the king and with a shout of fury she proclaimed to the people,

"Your ignorance will bring your kingdom agony for centuries to come. The child of the day shall be the match to spark the child of night's destruction. She will be the catalyst for the doom of the nation until the awakening of the new dawn!"

The air was filled with the crone's screams of anguish as she fell victim to the pyre, her words of prophecy spreading fear to the people across the land. Grisha hid away, in fear of falling victim to the king's crusade against the grisha people.

In the far distance, the cries of a babe born under sunrise and falling stars joined the crone's screams.

The baby radiated with such a glow, the stars grew dim in comparison.
"She is blessed by the heavens!" They rejoiced.

A lonely boy slept, unaware of the lives arriving and departing the world.

His dreams were vivid with flickering cosmos, shadows and glimpses of golden locks. His heart swelled at the sight and to himself , he murmured,

"My star."

❈ ════ •⊰ ☾ ⊱• ════ ❈

a/n!
hello!

thank you for reading! it's my first time writing a fanfic for anything on this wack-af site lol. since i'm very new to this, if there are any improvements you wish to suggest or mistakes you see, please let me know!

there was a lack of darkling fics and the background story of luda and darkling wasn't angsty and tragic enough for me so i decided to start this fic ehehehehehee

i'll be basing all my knowledge from the netflix show and the wiki because i still need to read the books and libraries are closed due to quarantine :(

also:

ijusthaveaFATcrushonbenbarneslolpleasesendhelp