Part 1

'Why won't you love me back, Daichi?'

I thought that constantly swarmed around in Sugawara's mind. All the way back from his first year of high school, when he first saw Daichi Sawamura. 
The silver haired setter had been longing for the Karasuno captain for years now. Some days, he's so close, close enough for Koushi to grab, but then he sees her.
Then all of those hopes and dreams of finally catching Sawamura in his grasp flows away like sand grains in the wind. 

Yui Michimiya, an obstacle inside of Sugawara's mind. 
He didn't especially blame her for him and Daichi not being together, he just felt that it was a tad bit her fault. But the big issue that Koushi knew was his cowardness to confess to the Karasuno captain. 
If only he had the guts.

There were times where he would feel confident, and tell himself, 'I'll confess today!' But all of that came crashing down once his thoughts of being rejected and ruining his and Daichi's friendship set it. 
The idea of rejection and a broken friendship was the main thing blocking him from spilling his guts. 

"Suga!" Daichi's voice called out to the silver haired boy who was walking through the halls. It was passing period, and Sugawara planned to head to the library. 
But of course, Sawamura just had to show up before he was able to hide in the library. 

"Daichi, hey!" Sugawara warmly smiled, wondering what the dark haired boy wanted. "Do you need something?" He casually asked, watching Sawamura come closer into view. 

"You were heading to the library, yeah?" Daichi questioned, somehow knowing where the silver haired setter was about to head to.
Sugawara's face brightened up a bit in confusion, now wondering how Sawamura knew where he was going to. 

"Yeah, how'd you know?" A faint color of pink painted across Sugawara's pale skin. 

"Heh, I often see you going in that direction." Daich lightly chuckled.
Throughout the three years he attended Karasuno, he always saw a certain silver haired boy either in the library, or walking to the library. Strangely, Sawamura always found his eyes following Sugawara.
Searching for that boy who went always into that direction. 

"So, what'd you need Daichi?" Sugawara asked again, seeing that Daichi was somewhere lost in his own thoughts. That was a pretty rare sight, but the silver haired boy oftenly saw it. 

"I actually had to return some books, so I was just gonna ask if you wanted to go together?" Daichi laughed, making Sugawara once again, blush a rosey pink. 
That was a rare sight of Koushi, but Sawamura saw it often too.

"Of cou-" 

"Sawamura!" A slightly timid voice called out from the halls.
Just as Sugawara was going to jump on this opportunity, a familiar voice shouted towards Daichi. A voice that made Koushi heavily sigh because, he knew what was going to happen next. 

"Michimiya!" Daichi exclaimed, a bit surprised to see the short haired girl jogging towards him and Sugawara.
A small shade of red appeared on Sawamura's face, making Koushi's heart sink a bit. Sometimes it was hard to determine whether or not the dark haired captain reciprocated feelings for Michimiya but, if you pay attention enough, it's pretty obvious. 

"Hey! Oh, Sugawara, you're here too!" Michimiya smiled, acknowledging the silver haired setter who was standing behind Daichi. 
 Before forgetting to mention it, Yui was a kind girl, and Sugawara knew that. It was one of the main things making it so hard to resent the short haired girl. 

"Hey, Michimiya." Sugawara politely waved, speaking in a neutral tone. 

"Right, Sawamura, I was wondering if you could come help back in the classroom. There's some boys causing trouble, and they won't really listen to anyone." She nervously chuckled, knowing that everyone in the class respected Daichi. 
So she knows that the boys causing a ruckus will dial it down if Sawamura entered the class again.

"Oh, sure!- Wait, but I was gonna head to the library to return some overdue books." Daichi almost forgot about his trip to the library. He just remembered when he saw that silver hair from the corner of his eyes. 

"Oh.." Michimiya disappointingly sighed, not having any other solution to deal with the boys.
Even though Sugawara wanted to walk with Sawamura to the library, he felt bad about the commotion the boys were causing for Michimiya and the other classmates, who was also his.  
So, he put his consciousness over his feelings.

"Daichi, I can return those books for you." Sugawara stuck his hand out, offering to take Sawamura's library books out of his possession. "I'm sure the class needs to be attended to more than some overdue books." He chuckled. 
The dark haired captain looked back and forth between Michimiya and Koushi, eventually making his decision to go back and handle the boys at the classroom. 

"Thanks Suga, I'll buy you a snack later." Daichi appreciatively thanked, handing his two books into Koushi's fair hands. 
He and Michimiya waved goodbye, rushing over to the third year classrooms. Sugawara just waved back, plastering a meek smile on his face. 

'I should've just told Michimiya to handle it herself.' Sugawara sighed, regretting his decision of offering to return Sawamura's books. 'But I'm sure Daichi would've went with her anyways.' He turned to walk back to the library. 

Afterall, it's so blatantly obvious he's in love with her.