Ladynoir: Snow Angel(12)

“Come on, just make one with me.”

Ladybug glanced over at Chat, enjoying teasing him at the moment. It was a simple, stupid request that she had no issue with. But watching Chat plead so earnestly was just too much of a fun opportunity to pass up. “I don’t know…”

“Just one, Ladybug,” Chat said. “Please.”

She almost could have kept it going. But then his ears fell and he pulled out the kitty eyes and tilted his head just right…

Crap.

“Okay. I’ll make a snow angel with you.”

“Yes!” he cheered.

They continued leaping through the city until they came across a good, flat surface that had accumulated enough snow. Chat Noir was the first to plop down in it.

Ladybug just laughed.

“Come on, bug!” he cried, sitting up. “You promised.”

“I did,” she relented, laying down in the snow next to him. It felt like she was a kid again.

When she sat up, she glanced at Chat. “Good enough?”

“Almost.”

In his hands was a pile of snow, one he set carefully on her head. “Chat?” she asked.

“There!” He pulled away with a big smile. “A snow halo for the angel before me. You’re a real snow angel, now.”

She paused for a moment before grinning. “I’m just missing my snow wings, aren’t I?”

“No, you gave those to my heart, because it always flies away to heaven whenever I see you.”

Chat,” she chastised, feeling a fluttering in her belly. She could pretend his sweet lines didn’t affect her all she wanted, but that smirk of his told her he always saw right through any act.

He chuckled. “Forgive me. I just can’t seem to help myself when it comes to you.”

She took a breath, hoping to calm her racing heart. “I’ve known you long enough to know that that’s true.”

His smile brightened. “Oh! Wait. An angel as beautiful as you should have jewelry.”

Ladybug rolled her eyes. “I don’t need any.”

“Sure you do!” he said, digging his hands into his pockets. “Here, give me your hands.”

She sighed but humored him. There wasn’t much she wouldn’t do for him at this point.

He pulled out a bracelet to carefully wrap around her wrist, a silver one with a silver cat charm. He snapped it in place, and Ladybug couldn’t help but be dazzled at the way it glittered in the snow.

“Oh, Chat,” she whispered in awe, pulling her hand back to examine it.

“Not done,” he said, grabbing hold of her hands and pulling them back towards her.

“No, Chat, stop.”

“One more.”

She sighed, relenting now and formulating how to argue with him later.

This time, he pulled out a ring, one with two small, red gemstones set inside what she realized were little silver ladybugs, and slid it onto her finger.

It took her a minute to realize—

“Chat.”

The smile he gave her as he kissed the ring on that finger proved he knew exactly what he was doing. “Bug, we’ve been dating for a few months now, but we’ve been together for years. And I realized that I really don’t know how to be without you. So, will you please do me the honor of marrying me?”

She was frozen, and it had nothing to do with the snow and, ironically, everything to do with the heat that was spreading through her. “Adrien…”

“Please just say yes, Marinette,” he begged, looking at her with the sweetest expression he could possibly give her.

And she was always so weak when it came to him. “Yes. Yes, yes, yes.”

The next moment, Chat scooped her up into his arms, and she came very willingly.

“I love you, My lady. Now and forever.”

“I love you, too, Chaton,” she returned, squeezing him tighter. “Now and forever.”