The Girl on Fire-Part 5

Anastasia stared at his hand for a few moments, before shaking it and standing with him, well standing as best as she could. "We have a deal. When do we start?" he did not smile, but his expression seemed content. "Well I would rather not set my home on fire, but i believe that there is somewhere we could go where that wouldn't be a problem." "And where is that? Could you show me?" he shook his head. "Wait here." he walked over to the organ, and picked up a cane among the mess of music sheets, before walking back over. "It's just a walking cane but I'm sure you can manage." he handed the cane to her, and with her right hand she leaned on it and walked a few steps rather easily. 

        They began walking together through another passage, which eventually led to a descending stone staircase with no railings. But before she could begin to attempt to walk down one step with her cane, she was picked up by Erik. "You love doing that don't you?" she asked rhetorically seeing as this was the second time he had done so. "I'm just trying to save us both some time." Eventually they reached the bottom of the staircase, showing that  there was a large cavern, similar in size to Erik's home before them. He put her down, and she leaned on her cane once again. It was a little difficult to see, and there was only one candelabra that was lit. There were several others with candles on them, but they were all un-lit. There were no carpets, or couches, or any decorations for that matter. It seems Erik was already quite prepared for disaster. Anastasia turned to him in the dim light "I've never tried to control it. I don't know if i can." he shook his head slightly. "You can." he pointed to the center of the room, and Anastasia walked over, and she didn't realize until she had taken a few steps, that she didn't need the cane, in fact her ankle felt as good as new. 

          She lifted her skirts a bit so she could see her foot and wiggled it around a bit, and to her surprise, it didn't hurt one bit. She knelt and put the cane down on the ground,  and continued walking to the center of the room. She turned back to Erik "What should i do?" she asked, trying to ignore how fast her ankle had healed. "Try doing what you did on the roof." she nodded and held her hand out, focusing as much as she could. But nothing happened. Frustrated she looked up at Erik and threw her hands in the air. "I told you this wouldn't work!" Erik walked up to her. "You did it earlier on the roof just fine." she sighed. "And it took almost all of my energy!" this time, it was Erik who sighed. "Close your eyes."  Anastasia looked at him for a moment, and then closed her eyes. "You said five years ago you lost your memory." she nodded.

 "And that you don't know where your parents are. Or if they're even alive."

 "I don't like talking about that Erik." 

           But it was too late. Anastasia could feel the anger running through her veins, and she couldn't stop it. It was exactly what she was afraid of. "How does that make you feel? Knowing that you don't even know where they are, and you'll never remember them?"

    Shaking with anger, Anastasia opened her eyes as they were brimming with tears. But she looked at her hands, and she was holding them out to her sides, and they were holding to large flames. 

She had found her motivation.

But could she control it?