Ƈɧą℘ɬɛཞ14

This is a longer chapter. When I talk about the song you can play it anyway please enjoy!! ( And some things are misspelled to make it seem more fantasy- ish) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------         

 Once we reached where we left Azhailse I flicked my eyes to where the village had been. The screams had ended leaving dead silence over the ashy land, not even an hour ago it was a vibrant green now it was just dull, ash piles where people and houses used to be. I felt something slide down my cheeks and a hand on my shoulder, I didn't realize I was crying until my body made a sniffle.

" how.... how could we leave them to die?" A whisper left my lips as I kept looking at the land. The pressure of the hand disappeared as I heard a sigh.

" I had to protect you, they would have killed you if we didn't keep moving." His voice cracked, forcing my eyes to look up at him I witnessed as clear tears ran down his face. As soon as he noticed me he quickly turned and rubbed them away. "Look we have to find that snake and then we can get Arabella." I thought for a moment.

" I thought she was in the village."

" I told my friends to go to the mountains at the first sign of danger, so she should be fine." I sighed in relief as I got an idea. I moved toward the bushes and snapped a few rather large sticks.

" Jaakobah may I borrow your knife?" I reached out my hand as the confused elf handed it to me. I made grooves in them so they fit like puzzle pieces and then carved Rest In Peace.

Planting it in the dirt for them. I handed his knife back and we silently left to find the Naga.

"Oh thank god you guys are okay, I was worried when I smelt the smoke." The snowy naga sighed, worry still present on his face as he looked at the blood on Jaakobah's leg and some that had gotten on my feet.

" Don't worry the blood is not from the princess nor I." The amethyst eyed elf reassured, easing the nagas mind. " We were just about to head to the mountains, so you can go home."

" What no, I will not leave Aithne with you." They both glared at each other, gold contrasting with purple in the ashy morning.

" If you want you can come as well Azhailse. I'm sure Arabella would love to meet you." I smiled at the two boys as the tattooed serpent's glare softened into a slight smile, the elf's glare turning darker for a moment before softening as well and shrugging.

" If he wants to, fine, but I will not wait for him if he becomes tired." Jaakobah walked away from him.

" So um, how far are the mountains from here?" I questioned as I looked around, not seeing anything that even resembled one, only fog in what I presumed was the East.

" Not terribly far, it's around a seven day walk including breaks, 4 days non stop. We just have to walk in the direction of the fog, my guys should be at the base of it." Azhailse rolled his eyes and I thanked the elf for explaining.

" OKAY let us get a move on!" I exclaimed forgetting what I had witnessed not even 40 minutes ago and walking towards the foggy terrain.

" Lets GO!" The two guys cheered in unison as they followed behind me.

After hours of walking the morning sun had begun to sink into the horizon painting the sky in a gorgeous rainbow, turning the clouds to cotton candy. The mountains still hid behind the fog which covered the grassy land in a thin blanket muting the emerald green of the grass. The trees seemed to vanish, only flowers and grass could be seen for miles.