Chapter 1 - Falling apart

Adrian's POV

Vic came home, drunk again. Our relationship has been really shitty lately, ever since he started talking to Jaeda again. He said he isn't acting any different, but we can all see it. Mike has been staying over more often, he's now engaged to Elise. Elise said that they're thinking about moving in for mine and Tyler's safety. Shortly after Vic and I moved, I went into labor, and had another baby boy.

Tyler was now three, he has Vic's eyes and my nose. His hair reaches just above his shoulders, he always says he wants to look like uncle Tony and uncle Mike. "You didn't cook dinner?" Vic slurred. He hasn't laid a hand on me, even when he was drunk, thank god. "No, I'm sorry" I sighed and got up, this is what happens every time.

Vic comes home drunk, I have to get up to make him dinner, and go to bed because he can't even eat with Tyler and I anymore. I pulled out chicken and cooked it. I turned off the stove and shoved the plate in front of Vic, not bothering to stop from going up stairs with Tyler. I was kicked out of my own room with Vic, so now I have to sleep in Tyler's room.

We have a guest room, but I'm re-modeling that for Elise and Mike, incase they decide to move in. I heard Vic coming up the stairs, but instead of going into "our" room, he turned and opened the door to Tyler's room. I was just putting him down, I turned around and sighed, making it clear for Vic to leave. "Not until you talk to me" he was a bit more sober.

I walked out, frustrated and stood in the hallway. I crossed my arms over my chest, impatiently waiting for Vic to talk. "I know this have been falling apart lately, I think we should just end it." Tears filled my eyes, I couldn't stop them this time. The tears ran down my cheeks, staining them. I sighed, I didn't want this to end.

"What did I do wrong to make you not want me anymore?" Those words were the hardest thing to say in a while. He shook his head, and cleared his throat. "It's just not working out." I ran into Tyler's room. I picked him up and packed some of his stuff, then I ran into Vic's room and packed my stuff.

I grabbed my keys and stormed out of the door. I buckled Tyler into his car seat and put our stuff in the trunk. "You're not leaving with my kid" Vic was standing in front of me. "You don't even take care of him, I did. I was the only one taking care of him, it was like being a single mother." I pushed Vic out of my way and got into the car.

I sped out of the driveway, making my way onto the high way. I was going to go to Mike's and Elise's house, until I got a better idea, go home to Colorado.