Chapter 8 - Recovery

A/N 

hi guys! i know its been a really long few months, my legal stuff got really bad and i had to take care of myself for a while. i recently re-downloaded my wattpad app so that the fanfics i am reading inspire me to start writing again. i'm sorry i took so long, but enjoy this chapter! :)

Adrian's POV

I woke up in the morning with Vic by my side. My eyes were swollen from crying and my hair was messy. I kissed Vic's temple as I pulled the covers off from my body, and got out of bed. I opened the door and headed to Tyler's room. I silently shut the door behind me, after entering his room. I walked over to his crib, and was greeted with a smile. 

I chuckled at him. He's getting so big, he's now teething, and although it is hell with him crying all the time, it's worth seeing his little teeth come in. I picked him up and whispered to him. "Good morning baby" I felt Vic's arms wrap around my waist. "Good morning beautiful" sleep was still in his voice. I giggled. 

"How did you sleep" I turned around to face him. He smiled and kissed my lips lightly. "Good" he smiled and took Tyler out of my hands. I smiled at him being the father he claimed to be. I walked downstairs with Vic on my heels. The guys and Elise were all downstairs, and they all got silent when Vic, Tyler and I had entered.

I looked at Vic and frowned. He nodded with encouragement, so I cleared my throat. All of a sudden, I had six pairs of eyes on me. "Well, last night was intense" I spat out awkwardly. Everyone nodded their head and remained quiet. I went on. "And, I wanted to appologize about my poor behavior" I gulped. Nobody said anything.

I sighed. Great going Adrian, you even managed to fuck up your relationships with your friends. You're so - "It's okay!" Tony shouts with a smile. He pulled me out of my train of thoughts. I crack a small smile, "thanks Tone" I mumbled quietly. Eventually Mike, Jaime and Elise joined in saying that it was okay. I walked into the kitchen and ran a hand through my hair, sighing. 

Elise got up and came into the kitchen. "Hey girl, you okay?" she gave me a sympathetic smile. I looked at her. I was lucky to have someone like Elise who cared so much about me no matter how much shit I put her through. "Yeah, I'm okay, just a little disappointed" I frowned. "Adrian, you can't always be perfect." she replied quickly. I nodded "but what I did wasn't okay" I spat out. 

I was so disappointed in myself.

Vic's POV

I felt useless, knowing that my wife was beating herself up that I had contributed to. I felt like shit knowing that her nightmares were coming back. We had finally worked through everything and moved to try to get it to stop, and now all of a sudden, the nightmares are back. I feel like no matter what I do or how hard I try to protect my family, nothing works.

I go over all the possibilities that could happen and notice my eyes starting to water. I put Tyler down and went upstairs to get into the shower. I couldn't get ahold of myself. I knew everyone would think I was a 'pussy' but what if someone you love was put into a life threatening situation for the millionth time.

Eventually I got ahold of myself. I got out of the shower and got dressed. I walked downstairs to find everyone freaking out. I looked over to the broken window and the brink with the note. I quickly walked over to the brick. I picked it up and read the note.

Adrian,

You and your little friends need to watch your back since I escaped.

Ronnie

I could feel my blood starting to boil. I turned around and looked at Adrian. I ran over to her, and interlocked our fingers, and pulled her with me as I picked up Tyler and headed upstairs. I didn't think, I just acted. I wanted to be far away. I wanted my family to be able to feel safe. And if that required leaving, that is exactly what we were going to do.