The Proposal - Percabeth - Fluff hehe

I love Percabeth, they're like camp mom and dad vibes :) This is about six years after Tower of Nero, they're both around 24.  Enjoy <3

_________________________________________________________

The streets were bustling and busy as always on a Friday afternoon in Manhattan. A tall young man with sea green eyes sparkling with excitement made his way towards the empire state building. He had gotten out of his car after a drive from long island,  bouncing lightly on his heels as he went. Carrying a duffel bag slung over his shoulder and dressed in a light blue button down and jeans, to any passing person on the street this young man looked like he was on his way to some sort of event. That effort clearly hadn't extended to his footwear as he was sporting some glamorous Hawaiian print flip flops for whatever special occasion he was heading to as he entered the empire state building.

He made his way through the lobby, a quick nod to the doorman, and into the elevator. The elevator music was tragic (as always), and was definitely not helping to calm Percy Jackson's nerves as he aggressively tried to flatten his hair. It had taken an hour, a frantic iris message to both Piper McLean and Sally Jackson to get it semi-tame. But after an hour it was already starting to stick up at all sorts of bizarre angles.

He fidgeted with the small velvet box in his jacket pocket and thought over everything he wanted to say to the girl he'd loved for years. From the creepy tunnel of love ride when they were eleven to falling asleep in the stable of the Argo ll and everything in between he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Annabeth Chase. But how to express this to her? He had tried to sit down and write things out but even more distracted then usual he hadn't even gotten through three sentences before the words were floating around. But he was determined to do it this time. Believe it or not this was no less then the fourth time he had tried to get this to happen.

The first time he fell into long island lake, the second time he lost the ring (it was in his other jacket) and the third time they had run into some old friends that had severely killed the mood.

So he had composed the perfect plan, nothing was gonna mess it up this time, he had taken every precaution, all their friends knew, he had put the box into his shirt pocket, and was going to make sure to avoid any unexpected swims.

The elevator doors opened and the son of Poseidon stepped out onto Olympus. It was very different then it had been all those years ago when he'd first come here with the master bolt. At 11 he thought that Olympus was the most beautiful it could ever be. Annabeth Chase thought otherwise and as usual she was right. For the last year and a half since they had graduated from New Rome University, Annabeth had worked tirelessly on endless projects, she had redone a whole sector of New Rome that had been practically crumbling to pieces, after that she had worked with Praetor Zhang to realize Jason Grace's vision of New Rome. All this while she simultaneously designed more cabins for Camp Half Blood then Percy could count, as well as working on how to fit all said cabins in the camp.

Percy wove through the squares and plazas, he passed the park of the muses, and a statue of Aphrodite and chuckled remembering how young Percy had been confused at how the  Goddess had looked like Annabeth to him when he was eleven. Percy wandered through Olympus waiting until 3:30 to go get Annabeth. He wove past beautiful rows of fruit trees and through a temple of Dionysus that was in the process of being redone, he watched as wind nymphs wove grape vines around the fresh pillar. He wandered through the garden of the fallen, one of Annabeth's most recent additions. 

The garden consisted of a weaving path lined with rectangular stones, each stone has the name of a demigod, huntress or amazon that has fallen defending Olympus. Behind each stone there is a flower chosen by family or close friend that blooms bigger and bigger leading up to the day that person had passed. Percy smiled remembering how hard Annabeth had worked on getting this garden done, she consulted satyrs to make sure the plants were enchanted to simply bloom and wilt in accordance with the date of death but never die. He sat down on the bench facing the temples on the other side of the garden, waiting for Annabeth to emerge from her little office by the temple of Athena.