Prolouge I - Ryle Schwartz

The room is dark filled with emptiness inside, all I can see is a ray of light passing through the window blinds. 

        I can see those specks of dust flying through the light as I reach for my phone to check the time. It was already past 8 in the morning. That feeling when you don't want to get up from your bed yet, but still I need to get up.

         As I opened the window, a nice view of the city was waiting for me. The birds flying and singing at the electric posts. The trees swaying with the blow of the wind, going with the current. It's like everything is in perfect harmony. Especially if you're living somewhere off the city. I live alone here in the city, my Mom is in Hong Kong working there for my expenses and needs. And my Dad is like the Dullahan, trying to look for something so he's just wandering around the city.

        The room was filled with tables and chairs, a pile of gadgets wandering around the room like some technical workshop. The television is always left on, the computers are up and running and there's this specific table for my art works and my figures. All I can think of is that I have already achieved everything I wanted when I was in high school. I've been working part time at a business firm that pays me fair enough to support my self in terms of food and my specific hobbies. I'm still in college so I am not that flexible to do whatever I want yet.

        After I fixed everything, ate breakfast, had a shower and get dressed I went to the garage to get my car and off to the Convention Center. Today's the last day of the Toy Convention. I need to go to the mall to pick up my stuff after the sun finished setting and when the people day calls it a wrap. I'm going to fool around there with my "friends" and talk to them the whole day about anime and games. Like what we usually do. I'm on my usual outfit again, wearing a Gray Hoodie and a Razer shirt inside, with a pair of olive Cargo Pants and sneakers. And to top it all up, wearing my high school nerd cap that says "Physics" in front and wears my glasses. And to complete everything, a pair of gaming headset is clinging in my neck.

        The convention center is a 20 minute drive from home when we take the interstate highway. So, let me take this opportunity to introduce my self and at the same time, tell you a little something about me. My name is Ryle Schwartz. a 17 year old college student, major in Hotel and Restaurant Management. An otaku. An anime lover. An artist, A gamer. A musician. I've been playing the Viola and the Piano since I was 7 years old. That makes it 10 years ago then. I'm a marksmen in using an Assault and Sniper rifle and an expert on Dual Wielding Pistols. I usually play airsoft as a past-time activity and also as a hobby. I'm a good cook, specializing in Asian Cuisine and Baking. A collector of anime and videogame figures. I'm 6'1" tall and I don't play basketball, since most of you are probably going to ask me that probably in the future. Well, I think this is all you have to know about me now. Oh look! We're here. I took the shortcut so we can get there a little faster. Clever ain't I?

        After parking my car, I went inside the Convention Center with my Event Pass clinging in my neck as I put my headset in my head and plugged it on my PS Vita on full blast. As I walked into the corridors of the place, music is starting to drag me to their own world. Getting fantasized as the soundwaves travel from your ears to your brain and giving you the chills on you back. As every note plays through the 50mm drives of the headset gives a flick on my fingers as the song continues to play, and I feel like I'm being dragged by some dead composer to their own world. I'm trying to put my hands inside my pockets so that I can avoid playing an air intrument in mid-air like some mime trying to grab something non-existent. It would really make a fool out of myself.

        When I arrived on our post, I immediately sat down in front of my gaming desk as a friend of mine placed a bottle of Mountain Dew and a bag of Doritos beside my keyboard. As what I usually do, I turn on the system with 3 LED Screens mounted on it and plugging in my accessories such as my headset and mouse. And played my own games with a rig mounted with the fastest and latest hardwares parts. When I started playing and full my headset on full blase, I won't notice anything once I focused on the game screen. I can't notice anyone passing by, the people looking at me and the screen as I play my games or the people watching our collections. Thanks to my noice cancelling headset, I was able to dive myself into the game. I'll only take breaks when I feel tired or when a friend of mine asks to me to try one of my games. Then I just leave from my throne and talk to the other hobbyist about anime, videogames and figures. Just like what we always do or play Trading Card Games such as Magic the Gathering or Weiss Schwarz.

        But not this time, since it was the last day of the event. My friends are trying to enjoy my games on my computer and the others are busy entertaining these guests that are asking questions about our collections, I decided to take a stroll around the Convention Hall. So I grabbed my Pass, my headset and my phone. As I walk pass the stalls, I put my headset and my hoodie on so I won't notice other people as they take selfies with their friends or other cosplayers, or people walking beside me.

///insert any cellphone ringtone you can imagine///

        I checked my phone becuase someone sent me an E-mail. It was from a Japanese online otaku shop called "Tokyo Otaku Mode" sent me a newsletter notifying me of their new releases. And then I got fascinated by the new line up of new items they have for sale and on stock. I was so interested with the new items and reading their product information and some reviews, I wasn't able to look at where I'm going, and thanks to the hood I'm wearing I have less than 10% visibility on where I'm going. Then I fell on the floor and I think I bumped into someone. From what I can hear, I heard a girls voice saying "Ouch"~~~

To be continued...