Chapter One: Suzie, Do You Copy?

"Hey Chief, is he coming yet?"

"Yeah, I just sent him off, kid" he sighed.

"Let me guess, they were making out again?" you asked him, rolling your eyes.

"They can't keep their hands off each other! It's disturbing!" he complained.

"It's disgusting" you agreed.

"Is this what you kids do all day now?"

"Not me Chief, not yet" you said shaking your head.

"That's why you're my favorite" he said, you could tell he was smiling.

You laughed. "Alright talk to you later, the movies about to start, over and out"

You put your walkie back into you backpack and zipped it up.

"Is he coming?" Max asked.

"Yeah, coming late" you told her.

"It's been like this the whole summer" Will rolled his eyes.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm watching this movie with or without Mike" Lucas said.

Right when he said that, Mike came zooming down the parking lot to the entrance of the Starcourt mall. He quickly parked his bike and rushed to you guys.

"You're late" you told him crossing your arms.

"Sorry!" he said.

"Again" you told him.

"We're gonna miss the opening" Will said.

"Yeah, if you keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike said and headed for the door.

You and Lucas looked at each other. "If you guys keep whining about it. Nyeh-nyeh-nyeh" you said in whining voices, but you followed him inside.

You and the group all ran through the mall. Passing through people, and zooming past them. You quickly walked down the escalator and pushed people aside to get through.

"Watch it, nerd!" Lucas's little sister Erica yelled over at him. She was eating icecream with her friends at the fountain.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas asked her.

"Isn't it time you died?" she shot back.

"Damn" you muttered under your breath.

"Psycho!" Lucas yelled passing her.

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Lucas made a farting noise at her but Max just pulled him back.

You six rush into Scoops Ahoy and headed straight to the counter. Mike banged on the bell repeatedly till he got Robin's attention.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here" she yelled over to the kitchen.

The slide window opened to the back and Steve looked out to you guys. He was wearing his Scoops Ahoy uniform.

"Again? Seriously?" he asked all of you.

You just gave him tired looks and Mike rang the bell, once more. Steve led you through the back of the store to the back hallways and you all rushed out, heading to the theater.

"I swear, if anybody hears about this..." he started to say.

"We're dead!" you all said at the same time.

Before you ran down the corridor with the rest of your friends, you and Steve leaned into each other.

"Do you have the stuff?" you whispered to him.