3

Chapter 3

Kai's POV:

It had been any hour or so since I had occupied myself in sketching, looking down at the sketch and I  smiled to myself. The sketch of Cairo had turned out so beautiful and I was glad that I could still remember how he looked from memory. As I was in thought, Esme popped her head through the door after a subtle knock.

"Hello, my favorite person," she exclaimed.

"Hello, mon chou," I replied with a smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner? It's your first day here and we need to enjoy, so a nice night out sounds fun," Esme stated.

"I would love to go out for dinner! Let me just get dressed and I'll meet you in the living room," I answered.

"Of course! I also need to get dressed, couldn't go out in my nightwear," she laughed.

With that she closed the door quietly, and left me to get dressed. I wasn't sure what to wear because I don't know if it's a formal or casual dinner. I decided to wear a black floral dress with some white shoes.

I let my hair down and parted it down the middle

I let my hair down and parted it down the middle. I paired my dress with the gold necklace that Cairo had given me, and dainty bracelet on my wrist. Lastly, I put on a bit of blush and small tint of red lipstick. Looking in the mirror made me realize how deep I had fallen and how I didn't look like myself just a week ago.

I headed out to the living room and I saw Esme wearing this beautiful light blue dress. Her blonde hair was tightly pulled back into a ponytail, and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. My best-friend is absolutely gorgeous!

As I was looking at her, she looked up from her phone and looked at me in adoration. I couldn't help but smile because of how sweet she is.

"My goodness, you look like a goddess," she stated.

"Oh please, I could say the same about you! I literally can't take my eyes off you, how did I get so lucky," I exclaimed.

"We are going to be here all night due to us going back and forth, let's head out," Esme stated.

With that, both of us headed out of the apartment. We got in her car and she began driving with music playing in the background.

"I forgot to inform you Kai, but I've invited two of my friends. They're really good people and if you feel uncomfortable at any point, just give me a nudge and both of us can head out," she informed me.

"It's all good Esme! I'm sure I'll be fine," I stated and gave her a friendly smile.

We stopped in front of this lovely restaurant. Both of us headed inside and took a seat at one of the tables, I sat next to Esme. She was looking at the menu ordering while all I could think about was how I would be eating anything. I could feel the knots forming in my stomach and getting overwhelmed due to all the food.