Chapter 3: Agreement

Two and a half years ago, Marley

'A tiring day' enjoying a little alcohol and sitting in a quiet bar for a few hours with alliance members made Pieck feel her tired of being lifted.

Armin and Annie had already been home since half an hour ago. Looks like their relationship is starting to look clear. Although Pieck never asked them for details, they're know Armin often visits Annie and her father, like having dinner together or just chatting with her father.

"huuuuaaaaa .... Historia ...." Pieck was a little surprised and turned to the table behind her. She looked at Reiner who was dropping his cheek on the table and whining, it looks like he's starting to go crazy over alcohol and getting out of control.

"Come on Reiner, stop it. You're so embarrassing."  Connie tried to lift Reiner from his seat. "Looks like I'll be back with this bastard. Even though we've told him a long time ago that Historia was already married and had a daughter, but he never stopped whining."

"I think I'll stay here for a bit."  Jean helps Connie to embrace the half-conscious Reiner.

"I still want to be here too."  Pieck immediately told Connie before he asked.

"All right, then, we will go first."  Connie walked towards the exit. Pieck just raised his glass and nodded.

Jean walked over to the bar table and sat next to Pieck. For a moment, no words came out of the two of them. They just kept quiet and enjoyed the alcohol in their glasses.

Jean turned to Pieck who was closed her eyes while listening to jazz music playing in the bar.  Her black hair covered half of her face.  Jean just stared at her. Without Pieck realizing it, Jean stretched his hand towards Pieck's face, touched the hair that covered part of her face and tucked it behind her ear. Pieck immediately opened her eyes and turned towards Jean with a surprised face.

"You are so beautiful."  Jean spat out the sentence just like that.

Pieck still wondered and surprised, "What?"  then she chuckled, "Wait, are you flirting on me?"

Jean immediately realized and pulled his hand back with Pieck's face still smiling, "Sorry .. I didn't mean that."

"Are you drunk?"  Pieck still chuckled.

"Is it so bad? so you laugh at me."  The tall man turned back to Pieck.

"Honestly, you look like a man who is heartbroken. Wait .. are you heartbroken?" Pieck moved a little from her seat so she could face the direction where Jean was sitting.

"What? No ... I'm not heartbroken."  Jean denied it.

"Come on .. tell me. We're friends right. Who is she?" Pieck was curious.

"Alright, I won't tell you who. But yes, I'm heartbroken. But it's been a long time."  Jean finally told her while staring at the glass, holding the end of the glass's mouth and twirling it.

The petite woman chuckled, "hmm .. that explains why you are so bad at flirting and you look like a man who really wants to get laid but you can't."  Pieck returned to her position facing the same direction as Jean.

Jean smiled, "I just want to get laid with people I love. Why do you think I'm so bad at flirting?"  the man turned his face towards Pieck and asked the question.

"Not all women can be tempted by you saying 'you are so beautiful'. If you flirting with a woman who likes you from the start, she will definitely be tempted. But you, telling me which obviously will not affect me."

"Then what should I do?" Jean asked in a mocking tone and continued drinking his drink.

Without Jean realizing it Pieck was already close by, so close that she left a few inches "Let me tell you."  Jean turned his head and was surprised at the voice of Pieck who was so close to him.