Blinded By The Light

Summary: Sun gains a new fan.

One week.

That was how long Angel had been in town.

While the place didn't exactly feel like her home just yet, it was safe to say she was quite at ease here as compared to the mess she left back in her old one. She already had a number of masks she could consider friends.

Night Angel was an obvious one; the pair had known each other the longest as compared to the others, given their family relations. Day Angel was sure she hadn't properly expressed her gratitude to her older cousin for being understanding and offering her home to her after her ex had been harassing her.

Kitty was another. While the pair didn't have much in common aside from their love of music, Angel liked Kitty's sassiness and kind nature.

Despite Kitty's insistence otherwise, Angel was half sure that she actually did like Frog, but the issue here was that Frog seemed to flirt with different masks all the time. If there was one thing Angel knew, it was that if Frog and Kitty ever got together, she would make him miserable if he broke her heart.

There was also Turtle. To be honest, she was a little intimidated by all his spikes initially, but after talking to and playing some video games, she got used to his presence. Turtle was generally a very fun loving guy, constantly cracking jokes and bad turtle puns that both of them laughed at anyways. It was fortunate that Turtle's best friend Astronaut had introduced them.

And of course, that brought her to Astronaut. While their first meeting made her curious about how he was able to get around in that golden spacesuit all the time, she was quite used to seeing him wearing it. The guy himself was quite friendly in spite of his proclaimed social awkwardness, and the concern he had shown for her when she had first arrived was still something she appreciated. She probably had more in common with Astro as compared to a lot of the other masks as well, so she hoped that if he considered her a friend, their friendship would be a good one.

He also was the only mask so far that she had told about her situation with her ex. She wasn't exactly at ease with telling the others yet, and fortunately Astronaut didn't seem as if he had told anyone about it.

Of course, Angel still liked having time to herself. She was not pining at all over her stupid ex- for all his blaming, she knew he was the one truly at fault-but it was still disappointing that he was not the nice, caring boyfriend she had believed him to be the whole time they had dated. If she had enough time to mourn the person she thought he was, she was sure it would be purged from her system sooner.

So now, Day Angel was sitting in the dim backstage of an empty theatre with her phone.

Shows and movies were regularly done here, according to Night Angel. But when the theatre wasn't being used, masks could still go in there to either practice their songs or relax. Day Angel was here doing the latter.

You're lying next to me, I don't know where to hide

I see his smiley face that makes me wanna cry

Day Angel leaned back against the cold wall, staring upwards at the ceiling as the song came in through her headphones.

What was I thinking? 'Cause all we did was fight

"Don't you еver dare to wear my Johnny Cash t-shirt..." Day Angel sang softly under her breath.

You'rе in the wrong place, you're in the wrong place...

Day Angel paused in confusion as she heard distant footsteps behind the music and quickly lowered the volume in her phone.

Was there...someone else there?