Alone Together (RabbitxFox)

Summary: Rabbit is ditched by his friends at an amusement park. Luckily, they ditch Fox as well.

"Come onnn, Rabbit! It'll be fun!" Flamingo said.

Rabbit smiled and shook his head politely.

"Nah, I think I'll sit this one out."

His friends exchanged glances for a split second before Peacock shrugged.

"'Kay then, suit yourself. We'll be back in forty five!"

The group rushed off, talking excitedly amongst themselves at the opportunity to finally ride the Night Vengeance roller coaster.

Before coming here, Peacock, Flamingo, Rottweiler and Poodle had talked his ears off about it. But while the ride was immensely popular among those that craved adrenaline, Rabbit wasn't much of a fan.

The ride seemed really high, really large, and had multiple loop de loops, turns and large drops. To him, getting on that basically meant you were either really brave or really crazy.

Rabbit couldn't help feeling somewhat left out, but was more than willing to spend some time waiting alone if it meant skipping out on what was probably the world's most dangerous rollercoaster.

"Didn't want to ride too, huh?"

Rabbit blinked, realising that Fox had approached him.

"...Nope." Rabbit managed to reply.

Given how excited the rest of his friends seemed to be about the ride, he was surprised that Fox hadn't gone on it either. Needless to say, he was relieved that he wasn't the only one left behind.

He was secretly glad it was Fox.

Fox smiled, shaking his head at the long line snaking outside the rollercoaster, and the waiting time which had been posted on a digital board at the entrance of the queue.

"Don't mind me saying this, but they have got to be insane to ride that." He commented good heartedly. "One too many have lost their breakfast after getting off it."

Rabbit perked up.

"Exactly, right?" He agreed, almost too eagerly from his perspective. "Makes me wonder why it's the park's most popular attraction."

Fox shrugged.

"People like the thrill, I guess." He suggested. "Besides, it's a rollercoaster, of course it's popular. Do you see hordes of people clambering to ride the merry go round?"

The two shared a laugh, settling into a comfortable silence as they watched the queue outside the Night Vengeance rollercoaster only stretch as minutes went by.

In comparison to Peacock, who was probably his best friend, Rabbit hadn't known Fox as long. Fox was closer friends with Rottweiler, who was also friends with Peacock-that was sort of how they fell into the same group and started talking.

Rabbit had found himself growing fond of Fox; the mask was friendly, approachable and had that air of natural charisma about him. He had this uncanny ability to approach a complete stranger and chat with them as if they were close associates. He seemed almost a polar opposite to Rabbit, who had the tendency to frighten some masks who saw him for the first time.

What concerned him, however, was how much fonder he had become of Fox in the recent months.

On instinct, Rabbit had chosen to keep his feelings to himself, not wishing to jeopardise his friend group. That meant shoving down his emotions, particularly in public settings, and refraining from telling their other friends, Peacock included, of his crush on Fox.