My Choice (FrogxKitty)

Summary: In an attempt to shake off her confusing feelings for a rather flirtatious amphibian, Kitty goes on a date.

(The storyline for this fanfic went through a fair amount of changes and a lack of inspiration, so bear with me :p)

Even if I were blind, you'd still look beautiful to me.

Kitty sighed as she recalled Frog's latest pickup line.

If you were blind, you wouldn't know what I look like at all. She had retorted with a smirk.

Well, it could've been worse - She could've swooned.

Coming here, Kitty had known much of Frog's reputation as a bit of a flirt, just a couple steps away from player. But she just hadn't realised how persistent he was until she made the mistake of catching his attention.

She hadn't done it intentionally, of course. During a girls' night out with Night Angel and Black Widow, the group went to a karaoke bar, where Kitty launched into a rather impressive rendition of  'Dangerous Woman'. It was only later that Black Widow lightly nudged her to inform her that Frog was in attendance, and hadn't been able to take his eyes off her.

A few days afterwards, Kitty ran into Frog outside a cafe, and the flirting began.

Kitty considered herself fortunate to have a sharp tongue when she needed it, and was most of the time able to counter Frog's flirting attempts.

Despite all this however, there was something about Frog that prevented her from hating him. Her comebacks to him were always accompanied by a grin, and flirting aside, Frog was a joy to be around, particularly in a group. He was always full of energy and enjoyed spending time with his friends, even being able to make her laugh on several occasions. To some extent, she considered him part of her social circle.

But she would not give him the satisfaction of going out with him. If that happened, Kitty would become another one in a long line of pretty girls who probably fell at his feet.

And that's why she was going on a date.

Lynx, a friend whom she had been chatting with online for a couple of months now, had asked her out. He seemed rather friendly, and according to his profiles she found nothing suspicious, and so she agreed-he was a better choice as compared to the other mask that was occupying a part of her brain.

She had suggested a rather popular cafe, one that was run by her friend Sheltie - in case something happened, Kitty knew she could rely on a friend to help her out. So, here she was on her way there.

"Hey, Kitty!"

Oh dear. Not what she needed right now.

Kitty fought the urge to openly groan as Frog hurried  into step beside her.

"Did you specially dress up today? You already look good without all that, you know." He said teasingly.

Kitty was prepared to ignore him-and the spark of happiness that compliment ignited-but then realised she had a perfect excuse.

"Actually..." She turned to Frog. "I'm going on a date."

Frog's smile quickly froze, but he tried to hide the change in his expression.

"Oh! You are? W-With who?"

"A friend of mine," Kitty said, shrugging. "I don't think you know who he is."

"Huh, okay." Frog said, nodding as he processed this information. "Well uh...that explains the dressing up."

"Yup."