Delicate (TurtlexOC)

Summary: Turtle and Siren leave for their first outing.

......

As Black Widow left to brew some tea in the kitchen, Siren quietly motioned to Jellyfish.

"Actually...I have to tell you something. I'm not just here to meet you, as much as I've wanted to do that for some time."

Sensing Siren didn't want anyone else to overhear, Jellyfish scooted closer to her friend.

"What is it?"

"I'm reaching 21 this year, and I still haven't chosen a partner. That's why my parents sent me away. Since I couldn't choose a partner from all my suitors in the ocean. They told me not to come back until I chose someone."

Jellyfish's eyes widened at her friend's admission.

The last time she had seen her was a few years ago; even though she knew Siren's parents were protective of her and constantly fawned over her looks, they didn't seem to be the type to kick their daughter from the only home she knew.

She was unable to stop herself from speaking her mind.

"What kind of parents do you have?!"

Siren smiled weakly.

"They just want what's best for me. Sirens always have to find a partner by the time they reach their twenties. I thought you knew that."

"Yeah! I knew that, b-but I didn't think it would be so serious as for them to send you away like this!" Jellyfish sputtered. "Besides, you never liked any of the suitors your parents tried to set you up with!"

"The issue with most of them was liking me just for my looks and disregarding everything else I have to offer," Siren pointed out. "My parents told me I was being overly fussy."

"No, you weren't." Jellyfish told her friend firmly.

Gently grasping her wrists, she continued.

"Siren, you are welcome to stay here as long as you need. If you have to find a partner, I want it to happen naturally...okay?"

Despite still looking saddened, Siren smiled, a better smile this time, and nodded.

"Okay. Thank you, Jellyfish."

Even though Jellyfish was still concerned with how Siren would become accustomed to living here, she felt relieved that Siren hadn't caved to the crazy demands of her parents while below. Even with the pressure to find a partner, she was still pretty headstrong in finding the right one.

The tender moment was suddenly broken by a soft knock at the door.

"Oh! I'll get it!" Jellyfish sprung up from the couch to open the door.

Siren stayed put at where she was, but did crane her neck curiously as she heard her friend talk.

"Oh, hey man! Come in!"

......

Siren stared at herself pointedly in the mirror. Jellyfish had kindly offered her a place in her home, as well as some extra clothes, with the promise to take her shopping for new ones soon enough. Her regular dress was folded neatly on the side of the mattress, and instead she was wearing one of Jellyfish's T-shirts and jeans.

Siren had never worn them before; they felt pretty strange, but comfortable.

Well, if she wanted to be as inconspicuous as possible, she would have to dress up like what other masks around here were wearing.