Chapter 11

Arthur pov.

It had been three days since Merlin disappeared and Arthur was worried sick. What if he's dying? He should be looking for him instead of sitting at this desk, being completely useless. He was close to the window, filling in some paperwork because Leon told him to get some rest. 'You are pushing yourself too much, Merlin isn't just your responsibility. All of us think it will be better if you rest for a bit. We can continue continue the search without you for now.'

people outside were chatting to their friends, normally Arthur liked the soft noise of the Camelot citizens, but he groaned in irritation before shutting the window, cutting off the sound.

Every noise was beginning to annoy him. If Merlin was here, he... But Merlin wasn't there. And it was starting to affect everyone. Especially Arthur. He hadn't slept in a while now.

He almost jumped out of his chair when there was a knock on the door. Morgana, probably. "Come in." The door opened and closed with almost no sound. "Hello brother, welcome to what has somehow become our daily therapy session. Let us start by saying, 'get some sleep' you look like a depressed grape."

"I feel like a depressed grape." Arthur mumbled, making his sister chuckle and sit down next to him. "Hey, it would be nice if you could eat something today." "Not hungry." "It wasn't a question. Here," She handed him a sandwich. He glanced at it in disgust, but took it anyway after he saw the look on his sister's face.

Morgana and him sat in silence as she made sure he ate all of it, before sighing deeply. Arthur felt a bit better after eating, but he was miserable. He looked up from his knees and faced Morgana. "C'mere." She said, pulling him into a hug.

He was surprised and froze for a second. Then, he wrapped his arms around her and exhaled a choked sob, burrying his face in her neck. They stood there for a few minutes, his sister holding him and whispering calming words while stroking his hair while Arthur let his stress and worry from the past three days out.

When he finally had enough, he let go and sat down again, eyes red from crying. Morgana didn't say anything and just sat there. "Thank you." Arthur said softly. She smiled kindly and stood again. "We will find him, Arthur. Don't worry too much. Merlin is stronger than you give him credit for, he has survived a lot already, I'm certain this won't be any different."

Arthur scoffed, not very convinced. "What exactly, of everything he has been through do you think is worse than what he's facing right now?" Morgana fell silent. "Thought so." "No, it's not that, I just-" She stopped herself again. "He isn't some damsel in distress, Arthur..."

She left, softly closing the door behind her while doing so. Arthur didn't look up and just sat tiredly leaning with his chin on the table. When he was sure that she had gone, he jumped up and also left the room. Enough rest for the day. He would find him. And it would be today.

It was already beginning to darken, so when he reached the courtyard, Arthur quickly got his horse and rode off.

~o~

The forest was silent this evening. A squirrel was climbing up an oak tree and Arhur tought he saw a large animal standing somewhere behind it, eating the last bit of grass. It was as big as a moose. Mayby a bear? It wasn't doing anything, so Arthur ignored it and rode on. It didn't really matter right now, he was looking for Merlin.

Arthur occasionally called for Merlin, everytime being greeted by the utter silence that was now also beginning to get on his nerves. Why would someone take Merlin? He was a servant for god's sake!

He called once again. Nothing. He had to be somewhere! Arthur thought about anyone who could possibly earn any profit by kidnapping a manservant. There wasn't anyone he could think off that hated him that much.