Chapter 3

"Elena, come to me." A small voice echoed through the vast land filled with snow.

Elena took a few steps forward to the blinding white light emanating off of the figure. A hand reached out practically begging for her to take it.

Elena slowly reached her hand out, only to be blown back by a strong wind before she could get the chance to grab it.

"No." A voice growled.

She recognized that voice, but from where?

"She belongs to me." The voice declared.

Elena's eyes snapped open, faintly aware of her rapid breathing. She quickly got up and paced around her room.

She'd been having that same dream over and over again ever since she had come back to life, but this time it had been different.

She had never been so close to almost grabbing its hand, what had changed?

She briefly wondered if it was this town, or perhaps reuniting with Jeremy that had made her so vulnerable to its tricks.

How ironic was it that the figure in the light was the one who Helen had warned her about?

Elena dared to wonder what would happen if she took its hand.

Elena found herself hiding in the shadows watching Bonnie's every move more importantly she was watching Bonnie's surroundings.

It's not as if she didn't think Bonnie couldn't handle herself, she knew she could, but what kind of friend would she be if she didn't ensure that Bonnie was safe.

She made a deal to herself that she would stay hidden unless things got out of hand. Elena didn't want to reveal herself, but she didn't care if that's what it would take to save her best friend.

Elena watched as Bonnie and Enzo walked hand in hand, automatically sensing that Enzo knew they were being followed.

It was the movement of his eyes and the tightening grip on Bonnie that immediately gave him away.

No matter how hard his eyes searched, he would never find Elena.

Elena narrowed her eyes at the five people who kept reappearing as if it was clockwork, Bonnie and Enzo showed no signs of noticing them.

Elena gritted her teeth when 2 girls and 2 boys stopped Bonnie and Enzo.

It didn't take long for a fight to break out.

Elena frowned as she watched the fight go down, something about it was odd. The four didn't fight to kill, but it was clear that they would kill if they needed to. Then something else stood out to her, there were 5 of them, and yet only 4 were fighting.

Elena's eyes went straight down to a ring on one of the girl's fingers and gritted her teeth realizing the symbol.

This was no coincidence, it couldn't be. It was a setup and she had fallen into the trap.

Elena stayed in the shadows anticipating what was to come next, hoping that Bonnie and Enzo could beat them.

It was a foolish hope, she knew the power those witches had.