Chapter 7

"Long time no see Rebekah... Klaus."

His voice was pleasant and soft, but threatening at the same time.

"Not long enough." Rebekah scoffed.

"Who are you?" Jeremy asked, attempting to sound strong and threatening.

"Oh, silly me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Leonardo, but I often go by Leo." Leo explained.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, oh great archangel?" Klaus asked sarcastically.

Neither of the originals specifically liked Leo, especially after he broke Rebekah's heart decades ago. Rebekah never truly got over it. It became clear that Leo wasn't to be trusted after he betrayed Klaus, in fact, Leo had once planned to kill them.

If not for Leo's immortality, he'd have been dead the moment he betrayed Klaus.

"I'm not here for you." Leo enlightened.

"Then tell me, why are you here?" Klaus asked while Rebekah was giving Leo the side-eye.

"For her." Leo said as his eyes landed on Elena.

There was something in Leo's eyes when he looked at Elena, it was almost like a sympathetic look mixed with another emotion Klaus couldn't identify.

Before Klaus could say something that could possibly get someone killed, Rebekah spoke up.

"Her? What could you possibly want with her?" Rebekah questioned.

"I've been ordered to either help or kill her." Leo responded, not sounding too bothered by either of them.

"What." Jeremy said.

"If you lay a hand on her, I'll take my sweet time torturing you. I will make you wish you could die." Klaus threatened.

"And what have you chosen to do?" Rebekah quickly interrupted.

"I would like to help her if I can, but if the demon is too powerful I simply wouldn't have a choice but to kill her." Leo explained.

"Demon?" Rebekah questioned.

"Yes, you see when Helen was born a powerful demon, whose name shall not be spoken, entered Helen's body and hid in the shadows waiting till Helen was powerful enough to handle the demon. It slowly poisoned her soul as time passed. It would've been successful if it wasn't for the orekatua wolf spirits." Leo educated.

"Orekatua wolf spirits?" Rebekah questioned.

"The two spirits that are inside of Elena and your brother... have you truly not heard of them?" Leo asked, looking between Klaus and Rebekah.

Leo could tell by the look on Klaus's face that he knew about the wolf spirits. Leo sighed before continuing.

"Helen's death was no accident, the orekatua wolves led her out to the woods on the full moon to be killed. They hoped that would've killed the demon inside of her, but it had not. When Helen had finally died, the demon went straight into Elena. It immediately started to take over, without her even realizing until it was too late." Leo paused and looked at Elena.